So, let me get this straight. You're the guy who bragged that you were "actually probably" the first guy to unlock your 9530 to ATT on the first day you bought it by lying to ATT, manipulating the system using your friend's VZW account, and then claiming that you're tight with God because he "blackmailed" you into not playing with the phone during your friends wedding--and now you want to beg and scream at plead with someone to meet you somewhere so you can try to manipulate someone else to get your way because your phone doesn't work anymore?

If you ask me, you're not a trustworthy person, and anyone who agrees to meet you is "actually probably" as much of a chihuahua as you are.

First, I wasn't bragging...and I was the guinea pig for others on this site. I took the responsibility on myself to be the first to attempt to unlock the phone so others on the site would be able to do the same.

Second, I didn't lie to ATT.

Third, what is wrong with manipulating the system? If there are loopholes then why shouldn't they be taken advatange of? Especially for something as stupid as having a specific phone locked to a specific network when its natural capabilities are so much more. This isn't getting away with murder. It's business. Verizon wants money. I'm happy with ATT. I want a Storm. I payed FULL RETAIL for it, so Verizon gets something and they unlocked it so I get something. Seems pretty fair to me.

Fourth, I NEVER claimed to be tight with God because he "blackmailed" me. It was my gf that blackmailed me by telling me something wasn't going to happen later if I kept playing on my phone during the wedding (which wasn't my friends, but one of her distant friends/cousins).

Fifth, I'm not screaming at anyone except the idiots that come on here with their negativity and uselessness. If you have something contributory to say, then do so. If not then shut the **** up. This is a forum to help people, not come on and *****. And no, I'm not begging. I'm simply asking for help after I've tried everything MYSELF and I am out of ideas. On top of that, I'm asking for help from someone whom I helped unlock their phone. He was the first person to contact me about unlocking and although I was studying for law school finals and pressed for time I helped him as much as I could and he was able to unlock his phone.

Now, if you want to unleash personal attacks on people on an internet forum, I suggest you at least get your facts straight so you can properly identify the issue at hand. All of you allegations have absolutely no factual backing and further prove that you, my friend, are a ******. You obviously cannot read critically or even properly being that you have no reading comprehension at all. You, for some reason, decide to attack people personally on an internet forum (not sure what issues you have that require you to do so, but maybe some therapy would be in order).

I have a mother and once had a father prior to him passing. I don't need another parent. And if I wanted to fight with someone, I'd have this argument with my gf. At least that would lead to some great sex afterwards.

Thank you for your completely incorrect and invalid opinion of me .

Carry on.

EDIT: Oh, and BTW if you want to make racial remarks regarding people's ethnicity, you should at least get their ethnicity right. I AM NOT MEXICAN, I AM CUBAN. IT IS NOT THE SAME THING, but you wouldn't understand due to your abundance of ignorance.

Looks like the "chihuahua" beat you at your own game.
    Last edited by jdmoises27; 11-22-08 at 12:32 PM.
    11-22-08 12:22 PM
    JD... Sorry I am not very familiar with unlocking phones or dealing with unlocked phones. I do not think they will do much to help you with the phone if it is unlocked but if you get the right tech they can fix the phone for you but it would probubly be locked again.

I think you should do it in 2 parts. First get the phone working again. It is worth nothing to you or anyone else in its current state. Call all the vzw sotres in you area and see if you can find someone that will flash the phone for you.

Second. After you get the phone back working then you can work on getting it unlocked again.
    Thanks Primate. I think I'm going to try to get someone WHO IS WILLING OUT OF THE KINDNESS OF THEIR HEARTS (no manipulation involved for those concerned with that) to back up their phone and send me their backup before I have Verizon reflash the phone. I have a feeling that it was the device switch syncing with the apps from the Bold to the Storm that did that. I figure if I do the same from Storm to Storm (a properly working one to mine) it should fix the issue I'm having.
    11-22-08 12:26 PM
    Do you have a Verizon account/phone number? I'm guessing Verizon isn't going to help you without one. They will ask your phone number so they can enter a ticket in their system (they track the service they give out). Even if you are able to get passed the counter without giving a phone number they will likely ask you for one once they see the phone is unlocked.

A secondary store (non-corporate) may be your best bet at not getting flagged by Verizon. Big Red is also big brother when it comes to the data they store. So using a friend's VZW number could be troublesome.

As far as I know a re-flash will lock the device. Much like an iPhone. Hope you don't have a bricked Storm for too long. Good luck.
    11-22-08 12:28 PM
    First of all, I didn't even read your little diatribe because after the first sentence, I was already bored, but I did notice your screams again at the bottom of the post and wanted to respond to that.

Calling you a chihuahua was not a racial remark. I have no idea, nor do I care what your ethnicity is. The comparison was to those little lap dogs that bark and bark from their owners' laps--they never shut up and they are so annoying. So keep on yapping, little dog, keep on yapping...
    11-22-08 12:37 PM
    First of all, I didn't even read your little diatribe because after the first sentence, I was already bored, but I did notice your screams again at the bottom of the post and wanted to respond to that.

Calling you a chihuahua was not a racial remark. I have no idea, nor do I care what your ethnicity is. The comparison was to those little lap dogs that bark and bark from their owners' laps--they never shut up and they are so annoying. So keep on yapping, little dog, keep on yapping...
    LOL! This guys a joke. I have a feeling you couldn't get through it because it was above your third grade reading level. Diatribe? Did you dictionary.com that or thesaurus.com it?
    11-22-08 12:46 PM
    I will only say this one, keep this thread on track, or I'll close/delete it, period...
    11-22-08 01:34 PM
    I will only say this one, keep this thread on track, or I'll close/delete it, period...
    Will do. So anyone else have any ideas?

Got Email (send and receive to work) as well as BBMs. Opera Mini works, but the Browser is still missing. When I try to use the Crackberry Launcher, this is what comes up:
    Last edited by jdmoises27; 11-22-08 at 01:57 PM.
    11-22-08 01:43 PM
    I think you forgot to insert the error message...

Nonetheless, I want to confirm this, you did reload the OS, right? And that did not help?
    11-22-08 01:54 PM
    I think you forgot to insert the error message...

Nonetheless, I want to confirm this, you did reload the OS, right? And that did not help?

Yes. I'm going to attempt to wipe the phone with CrackUtil and then reinstall because what seems to be happening when I try to reinstall the OS is that it's just giving me Crackberry Launcher and Opera Mini in the Add/Remove apps page of DM. Before that though it shows me all of the 4.7.0.65 OS apps, but doesn't actually update them.

EDIT: Oh and when I retrieve file listing, it has all of the 4.7.0.65 apps in there.
    Last edited by jdmoises27; 11-22-08 at 02:02 PM.
    11-22-08 01:59 PM
    I'm going to give this one last bump to see if anyone at all can help.

EDIT: Completely wiped handheld and reinstalled Verizon OS and still no browser. For some reason, when I update through DM, the browser and phone apps are light grey, can't be selected, and say that they are being upgraded under action. Then after the update, there is still no browser?
    Last edited by jdmoises27; 11-22-08 at 03:12 PM.
    11-22-08 03:00 PM
    First, I wasn't bragging...and I was the guinea pig for others on this site. I took the responsibility on myself to be the first to attempt to unlock the phone so others on the site would be able to do the same.

Second, I didn't lie to ATT.

Third, what is wrong with manipulating the system? If there are loopholes then why shouldn't they be taken advatange of? Especially for something as stupid as having a specific phone locked to a specific network when its natural capabilities are so much more. This isn't getting away with murder. It's business. Verizon wants money. I'm happy with ATT. I want a Storm. I payed FULL RETAIL for it, so Verizon gets something and they unlocked it so I get something. Seems pretty fair to me.

Fourth, I NEVER claimed to be tight with God because he "blackmailed" me. It was my gf that blackmailed me by telling me something wasn't going to happen later if I kept playing on my phone during the wedding (which wasn't my friends, but one of her distant friends/cousins).

Fifth, I'm not screaming at anyone except the idiots that come on here with their negativity and uselessness. If you have something contributory to say, then do so. If not then shut the **** up. This is a forum to help people, not come on and *****. And no, I'm not begging. I'm simply asking for help after I've tried everything MYSELF and I am out of ideas. On top of that, I'm asking for help from someone whom I helped unlock their phone. He was the first person to contact me about unlocking and although I was studying for law school finals and pressed for time I helped him as much as I could and he was able to unlock his phone.

Now, if you want to unleash personal attacks on people on an internet forum, I suggest you at least get your facts straight so you can properly identify the issue at hand. All of you allegations have absolutely no factual backing and further prove that you, my friend, are a ******. You obviously cannot read critically or even properly being that you have no reading comprehension at all. You, for some reason, decide to attack people personally on an internet forum (not sure what issues you have that require you to do so, but maybe some therapy would be in order).

I have a mother and once had a father prior to him passing. I don't need another parent. And if I wanted to fight with someone, I'd have this argument with my gf. At least that would lead to some great sex afterwards.

Thank you for your completely incorrect and invalid opinion of me .

Carry on.

EDIT: Oh, and BTW if you want to make racial remarks regarding people's ethnicity, you should at least get their ethnicity right. I AM NOT MEXICAN, I AM CUBAN. IT IS NOT THE SAME THING, but you wouldn't understand due to your abundance of ignorance.

Looks like the "chihuahua" beat you at your own game.
    Hey guys this is not the hallway in some Jr. High. Grow up. Name calling is for kids!!!!!
    11-22-08 07:12 PM
    Yes. I'm going to attempt to wipe the phone with CrackUtil and then reinstall because what seems to be happening when I try to reinstall the OS is that it's just giving me Crackberry Launcher and Opera Mini in the Add/Remove apps page of DM. Before that though it shows me all of the 4.7.0.65 OS apps, but doesn't actually update them.

EDIT: Oh and when I retrieve file listing, it has all of the 4.7.0.65 apps in there.
    Hi JD I new here so I need some help an I am willing to help you. I expect a new 9530 in next week around Wednesday. I am willing to make a Backup of the device for you before I do anything with it.

PM me and I let you what I would like your help with.
    11-23-08 08:04 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD