Hi fellow CB abusers. While at the gym my storm 9530 dropped with the headset jack still attached and piece of the inner plastic ring came off. Now the phone does not recognize it when I insert headphones.

I am able to get the phone to recognize the headphones but I have to press the headphone jack down, to depress the metal contact exposed when the plastic broke off. Unfortunately I have to repeat this every time a song ends.

Does anyone know of an app that will force output to the headset jack, or of a hardware workaround? So far I've tried using tape and other objects to cover the metal contact, to no avail.

P.S. No I didnt purchase the insurance and VZ wont replace the phone
    01-09-10 01:06 AM
    bumpity bump
    01-10-10 02:03 PM
    I remember seeing something that was like a liquid electrical tape once. You painted or dripped it onto electrical wires and it dried real fast leaving a rubber seal over the wires. That might work. You could probably find it searching online or perhaps at a hardware/home depot type store.

You could also buy replacement parts either for the jack itself or the housing, depending on what's actually broken.
    01-10-10 04:33 PM
    Thanks ill try that. Ill let everyone know what works.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-10 09:15 PM
    You could also buy replacement parts either for the jack itself or the housing, depending on what's actually broken.
    Yup. Might need to do a bit of DIY soldering too. My headset jack is cutting out intermittently but unfortunately I don't know how to use a soldering iron.
    01-14-10 08:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD