I put a couple hundred MB of music on my BlackBerry Storm (media card), and most of the tags worked fine, but one MP3 I had to change the tag on multiple times before the phone would read it properly. Then, out of the blue, I wound up with three different copies of the same song. None of them actually "show up" on the device when I go to play music, and none of them can be deleted from the phone's music folder- I will delete them but they reappear the next time I connect the phone to my computer to manage files.

I use windows explorer to manage files manually, and I've found that I have extremely limited control over where files are stored and deleting files. I have put two different doc files on my phone (tried both device memory and media card) and they straight up no longer appear in windows explorer when I look for them, but are present on the phone itself. If I want a document in the "documents" folder, I have to e-mail it to myself and save it to that folder manually, because the "documents" folder will not display in windows explorer even though it exists.

Is there an alternative to windows explorer for managing files on the phone? I can't figure out any other way to navigate folders on the phone and control what content is in them using my computer.

So now I have stray files that I can't delete (including Flickr, which does not appear in my app list but I can not get rid of the icon on my phone).

Any suggestions on how to clean this mess up?
    07-19-09 02:18 PM
    To find the missing files via windows, enable mass storage mode
    Options->memory->Mass storage mode support = on
    Auto enable mass storage mode when connected = yes

That should help for that problem.
    About the duplicate files. I wish I could help but I have no ideas besides remove/reinsert memcard. Or a battery pull

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-09 02:39 PM
    It's because of the indexing files. What OS version are you on? Even .148 has some indexing issues with the media card. Put it in Mass Storage and search on the removable drive for any files of BBThumbs.db and delete them all. Then let the phone reindex the files. You'll find one of these files in each folder on the media card.
    07-19-09 03:24 PM
    Options->memory->Mass storage mode support = on
    Auto enable mass storage mode when connected = yes

That should help for that problem.

About the duplicate files. I wish I could help but I have no ideas besides remove/reinsert memcard. Or a battery pull
    I already had mass storage mode support on, but I didn't have it set to automatically enable when connected, so once I changed that things looked a lot different.

I've tried a battery pull before, but not removing the memory card.

Civic's suggestion:

Put it in Mass Storage and search on the removable drive for any files of BBThumbs.db and delete them all. Then let the phone reindex the files.
    was right on, I was able to easily correct the MP3 tag and duplicate issues this way (I am on .148, for the record).

Still can't get rid of that Flickr icon, but it's not the end of the world I suppose.

Thanks guys.
    07-19-09 04:25 PM
    I have not seen your problem. I eventually sprung for File Manager Pro and I like it. Doctor Neutron
    07-19-09 06:15 PM
    I already had mass storage mode support on, but I didn't have it set to automatically enable when connected, so once I changed that things looked a lot different.

I've tried a battery pull before, but not removing the memory card.

Civic's suggestion:

was right on, I was able to easily correct the MP3 tag and duplicate issues this way (I am on .148, for the record).

Still can't get rid of that Flickr icon, but it's not the end of the world I suppose.

Thanks guys.
    You won't be able to. It's a pushed VPL icon. Call VZW and complain that you don't want pushed VPL icons if you wish. See this http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/ver...plaint-259105/ if you're wondering what VPLs are.
    07-19-09 07:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD