After the long journey and long wait for RIM to prove itself, it has become evident they have a long way to go.

Since Nov 23 (or so), we have waited for something to replace 4.7 OS. We anxiously awaited for each and every OS leak and the very few "Official" releases. We endured One steps backwards for every Two steps forward.

The VZN sanctioned 5.0 arrives with a fizzle and still has bugs. This means that Storm 2 will have better hardware, but I bet the OS will continue to be problematic. There is nothing that tells us that S2 will have a better OS. What you see on your S1 (.328) is pretty much what will be on the S2 with of course, something that works for you now, not working on a later release.

How long will you hang around for this? Will you go to the S2 and through the same let downs?

Face it, if you've had a Palm or other device in the past, I bet you didn't waste your Sunday waiting around a forum licking your chops for the next OS release. You were notified of the newest release along with documentation explaining the fixes and improvements. RIM cant do that because they would have to show you the "fixes" and the "newly broken or missing features" of the OS.

So at this point from the anger I sense in the "Findings" thread for the .328 release, the question is: Will you look at the Droid or other devices?

Let me now go prepare my flame suit for the Crackberryheads who see no wrong in RIM.
    10-26-09 03:33 AM
    I agree with everything that you said. I like my Storm ok, but honestly it requires too much of my time. No way I'm even glancing toward the S2! I played with the simulator on the website and realized that it's basically the same damned phone! Droid, here I come!!
    10-26-09 03:46 AM
    After the long journey and long wait for RIM to prove itself, it has become evident they have a long way to go.

Since Nov 23 (or so), we have waited for something to replace 4.7 OS. We anxiously awaited for each and every OS leak and the very few "Official" releases. We endured One steps backwards for every Two steps forward.

The VZN sanctioned 5.0 arrives with a fizzle and still has bugs. This means that Storm 2 will have better hardware, but I bet the OS will continue to be problematic. There is nothing that tells us that S2 will have a better OS. What you see on your S1 (.328) is pretty much what will be on the S2 with of course, something that works for you now, not working on a later release.

How long will you hang around for this? Will you go to the S2 and through the same let downs?

Face it, if you've had a Palm or other device in the past, I bet you didn't waste your Sunday waiting around a forum licking your chops for the next OS release. You were notified of the newest release along with documentation explaining the fixes and improvements. RIM cant do that because they would have to show you the "fixes" and the "newly broken or missing features" of the OS.

So at this point from the anger I sense in the "Findings" thread for the .328 release, the question is: Will you look at the Droid or other devices?

Let me now go prepare my flame suit for the Crackberryheads who see no wrong in RIM.
    i feel your pain, this has been somewhat of a traumatizing experience. However, i think that RIM, even though it took this long, has really come through for storm owners with this 5.0 update and i am indeed loving it. Having said that, this will be the last touch screen BB i will probably buy for awhile.

i think its kind of a shame that the storm was such a let down because RIM really makes good stuff (curve, bold) and the Storm just sort of tranishes that reputation in a time where the iphone is slowly crushing the competition.
    10-26-09 03:53 AM
    After all my poor experiences with Verizon and my mediocre experience with what could be a great phone, I'm pretty sure I'm done with Verizon and the Storm.

Although I like the apps for Blackberry, I'll probably stick with a BB through AT&T
    10-26-09 05:18 AM
    I might be going droid.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 07:59 AM
    I'll probably stay with a BB of some sort... I actually really enjoy my Storm.
    10-26-09 11:27 AM
    I disagree. This os has made the storm1 a much much better device. Im not dissapointed one bit. Sure there are bugs but EVERY SMARTPHONE AND EVERY PIECE OF SOFTWARE THAT ANY COMPANY RELEASES HAS BUGS,NOT JUST RIM. They will continue to improve from where were at now and each OS that comes should be better than the last one. Just look at where the storm1 was with .75 and even .148. Just imagine if the storm2 starts with os 5.0.0.328, just wait until it receives updates.
    10-26-09 11:47 AM
    I'll probably stay with a BB of some sort... I actually really enjoy my Storm.
    agree'd

10char
    10-26-09 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD