I have a 2006 TSX and over the time I've had it, I've paired about 8 phones with HandsFreeLink. I've never had a problem.

I cannot pair the Storm because the car is not discovering it. I have set the Storm BT setting to be in discover mode and to "listen" for a device trying to find it but no luck. The car says no device found.

I re-paired the car with my husband's smartphone, so I don't think there is a problem on the car's end.

Has anyone successfully paired a Storm with a TSX? Any tips? Any ideas what the problem could be and how to fix it?

I am one of those who actually really likes my Storm, but this is a major headache for me. I will be very irritated if I can't pair it to my car - I hate hate hate BT headsets and drive in Washington a lot where handsfree is the law now.

Thanks!
    12-02-08 06:53 PM
    I paired mine with my MDX. It took a few tries but finally took. At first it couldn't locate any device. I held the phone close to the radio for it to finally recognize it. Keep trying. If all else fails, have acura dealership do it.
    12-02-08 06:59 PM
    I live in the boonies - the dealership is two hours away! I guess I'll try a few more times and hold it really close to the BT transmitter (or whatever you call it).
    12-02-08 07:03 PM
    I have a 2004 TL. I set the phone to disover other devices and it picked up handsfree link without incident. Try that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 07:11 PM
    I have a 2007 TL and it works with no problems....I had to tell the Storm to find other devices as jenaywins said and it works just fine....it took me a second at first thought to figure that out
    12-02-08 07:37 PM
    I managed to pair mine with my 2008 TL-S. Took me a few tries as well. However, once I set the phone to discover other devices, it went pretty quickly.
    12-02-08 09:58 PM
    I do not have an ACURA, but I too, set the phone to search for the car's bluetooth signature, rather than the other way around, and it worked perfectly.

Just go to "SETUP" -- bluetooth setup -- search for other devices.
    12-02-08 10:57 PM
    If I try to initiate the pairing from the phone, the car will tell me that it must be initiated from the car.

I'm annoyed.
    12-02-08 11:19 PM
    Works on out 07 RDX and works in our other car that has the Pioneer AVIC D3.
    12-02-08 11:22 PM
    i have an 06 acura tsx also and it did take me a few trys to get it too work i think i finally got it too work when i set it that the phone was looking for the car i think i totally forget it took me like 20minutes to get it and its done and works fine now so just keep trying different ways sorry im not 100% on how i did it but just figured id let you know that it does infact work
    12-03-08 11:35 AM
    How many phones can you have paired with the TSX? If you have had 8 phones paired with the car, you may have hit your max... you might need to delete a phone or two from the car before the car will take another.

Which makes sense if your husbands phone paired again no problem, since it was probably still in the cars list of devices.
    12-03-08 12:27 PM
    I have a 2009 TSX and it paired perfectly the first try.
    12-03-08 12:31 PM
    Like stated above, make sure you have the storm search for other devices and not have it listen. I did the listen thing alot to try and pair it with no luck, changed to search and it was found right away.
    12-03-08 12:50 PM
    I had no problem pairing my storm with my TSX because I have the non-nav/non-bluetooth version.
    12-03-08 01:25 PM
    paired with 06 tsx no problem, and it is the second paired phone on the vehicle.

have call sounding issues. incoming calls sound like the volume is too high, but after adjusting volumes on the phone and car, and changing bass/treble settings on the phone, the calls still sound terrible. no problem with my other phone though?!

any thoughts?

thanks
    12-03-08 06:23 PM
    OOH this is the fancy pants thread...

it should be renamed to:

ACURA Owners Only Yo!

lol... i paired my phone with my aftermarket headunit 7" touchscreen dvd/sat ready radio that's in my chrysler pacifica sitting on 22" chrome rims with 2 12's in the back and a chrome grill on the front...

lol
    12-03-08 06:32 PM
    OK w/'07 TSX Navi, 1st shot. hit your dealer - noone's selling cars, so they will have plenty of time to help you.
    12-03-08 06:39 PM
    Have an 08 TSX and it paired fine. I think the first try it didn't find anything because I did the sequence wrong but I was all set the second time. One thing that's great with the Storm unlike my Pearl is that I can be on the phone, get into the car, and then switch it over to the bluetooth in the car without losing the call.. Gotta love that!
    12-03-08 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD