Nice to know mike thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 10:15 AM
    okay, so this is what i'm gonna do...i'll download JLcmndr (or however you spell it) to my desktop...if it picks up on my phone, then is it okay to wipe it? will my phone be able to connect to my laptop after it's wiped????
    if it doesn't connect, i'll have to find someone with a storm i assume
    GOD this SUCKS
    but thanks for all the help, i'll keep you guys posted!
    01-27-10 10:32 AM
    does your BB show up on either of your computers?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    01-27-10 03:05 PM
    oh i just realized that! i only have a laptop! that was a type-o
    however i loaded DM to a friends laptop as well, and connected my storm to it but the results were the same!!!
    it was mentioned at some point to try and connect to someones computer that already has DM and another storm synced with it....will it make a difference???
    thanks again!
    01-27-10 04:29 PM
    ...and i can't get this JL cmdr thing to go...i'm EXTREMELY illiterate when it comes to these things lol
    01-27-10 04:30 PM
    Well if someone else has a comp with dm and their storm works on it and yours does not that means that ur storm os broken. So what u tried doesn't do a difference cause we wanna know if ur bb drivers or something else is wrong.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 04:36 PM
    right on!
    i'll attempt to find someone with a storm and try that..hopefully tonight i can get it done, but within my immediate friends, no one has one! i'll do some searching though.
    IF it does not work, what would i have to do then???
    i appreciate it, thanks!
    01-28-10 07:59 AM
    Have you tried another USB cable? There could be an issue with it causing it not to be picked up. I haven't seen that suggested.
    01-28-10 07:03 PM
    ok, heres a way to wipe the phone which should allow phone to connect to laptop and install new os. I have had to do this twice. One time it only deleted all apps and info like it is supposed to, other time it gave me 507 error even though i believe it is not supposed to. Both let me connect to computer and change os.

There are two ways to go about doing this if you havent tried

1. go to Option>Security Options>Security Wipe and select both "Emails, Contacts, etc." and "User Installed Applications" DO NOT select "Media Card". type blackberry into the field given. and select wipe. congratulations you just wiped your phone. it should restart normally to a new phone condition and should allow you to connect to computer. In rare cases it will cause 507 error. which will also let you connect to computer assuming of course your usb port isnt messed up

2. go to Options>Password and enable the password. lock the device then put the wrong password in 10 times and it will wipe the device and return it to a new device state.

Neither of these options should cause a full wipe of the os as far as i know. but there has been a few rare cases, one being my own. either way, this has allowed me to connect to a computer afterwards both times i did it.

If you do this and it still doesnt let you connect to a computer your phone will be rendered useless. you will need to reactivate it to continue using it. after it is reactivated you can restore all your info.

if you do this and get a 507 error and still cant connect to a computer, your phone will be useless and u will not be able to reactivate it. but, you should be able to take it to telus. they will try to load an os for you most likely, and if it fails they should replace it. dont know if or how much they might charge you. but, there will be no way for them to tell you have unofficial os on it with 507 error.

Good luck.
    sorry for the length.
    01-28-10 07:58 PM
    hey guys
    thanks for all the help!!!
    i went to a friends house..she has a storm...and was able to connect my phone to her computer!!!!(???????) so i downloaded telus' official os (4.7.122, WOW it suuucks!) and am going to to take it back to telus to get it replaced (storm2 i'm thinking lol)
    so knowing all this, WHAT THE **** WAS THE PROBLEM??? i'm gonna go to the office now and see if it'll connect now to my laptop, as i am writing this on a pc at chevy where i get my oil changed!! (in true crackberry fashion hahahaa!!!)
    you guys are absolutely amazing, and the help is remarkable! guess there are still good people out there.
    01-29-10 07:54 AM
85 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD