I believe it I've got my third replacement coming from Asurion, all with horrible screen clicking problems. Hopefully tomorrow will show the "Perfect Storm" that we all dream of. If it doesn't I'm going to I guess keep cycling phones until I get it.
    11-19-09 11:02 PM
    Lol, sounds like some online complaining and bad press with pics is in order. This is a new low for both VZW and RIM for allowing VZW to tarnish their name.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-19-09 11:18 PM
    This isn't a Verizon or RIM issue though, they are refurbs through Asurion, which I would imagine get their phones from another 3rd party that buys returned phones from RIM and Verizon. I'm not sure where they come from but I haven't been impressed so far, they are nice about sending another one though. Not sure about this phone though, looks like UPS may have been throwing that one around.
    11-19-09 11:59 PM
    This isn't a Verizon or RIM issue though, they are refurbs through Asurion, which I would imagine get their phones from another 3rd party that buys returned phones from RIM and Verizon. I'm not sure where they come from but I haven't been impressed so far, they are nice about sending another one though. Not sure about this phone though, looks like UPS may have been throwing that one around.
    Not so fast there. The "certified like new" devices from VZW do actually show up like this sometimes. I've had 6 replacements sent to me since July. How many have you had sent to you? 1st wouldn't boot, 2nd and 4th wouldn't click at all. 3rd looked like it came right out of someone's back pocket fingerprints/scratches and all. 5th would reboot during calls and didn't click for ****os, 6th one had the end button get snagged on the OEM holster since it was falling off when I got it.

Don't be so quick to judge, they send out crap all the time.

11-20-09 12:27 AM
    Huh? I agreed with the crap issue I'm now on my second phone in 2 days, waiting on the third one coming Friday. However the refurbished phones coming from Asurion have nothing to do with Verizon or RIM they don't refurbish the phones a 3rd party company does *I think*. So next time don't be so quick to reply before you read the post and understand it.
    11-20-09 01:34 AM
    My dad went through six phones since April all due to click issues with the screen. Finally when S2 released, he called and got them to early upgrade us (1 1/2yrs early) with the BOGO price to boot and with the rebate. He's been with Verizon since the beginning and told them he'd take his $2400 a yr elsewhere unless they do something about the UNACCEPTABLE devices they keep sending.
    Just my story
    11-20-09 06:18 AM
    That's probably what I'll be doing today, here in about 30 minutes when this UPS dude runs, if this next phone sucks as well.
    11-20-09 09:29 AM
    Lol, sounds like some online complaining and bad press with pics is in order. This is a new low for both VZW and RIM for allowing VZW to tarnish their name.

If I had more time I'd get a blog going. Instead ill just leave this post & five anyone permission to reuse its content to highlight the drop in quality of refurb units being shipped to customers

11-21-09 03:17 PM
    [QUOTE=The tech seemed surprised that a refurb would arrive in this condition, and immediately told me to file a claim with FedEx, even though I had informed the tech that the shipping box itself did not appear to have any visible damage to it. Seems VZW wants to make an insurance claim for a defective device they sent out....interesting...QUOTE]

just because the box has no external damage... doesn't mean it didn't get abused in shipment...just sayin..........
    11-21-09 03:28 PM
    I have no trouble believing this. One of the refurbs I received when I had a S1 had gum jammed in the SD card slot. I was livid.

Hope you got this issue resolved.
    11-21-09 07:07 PM
    That's crazy man.
    11-21-09 07:28 PM
    Those refurbs aren't shipped packed very well either. Two of mine were just sliding around in a box with NO packing!

11-22-09 10:07 AM
    My dad went through six phones since April all due to click issues with the screen. Finally when S2 released, he called and got them to early upgrade us (1 1/2yrs early) with the BOGO price to boot and with the rebate. He's been with Verizon since the beginning and told them he'd take his $2400 a yr elsewhere unless they do something about the UNACCEPTABLE devices they keep sending.
    Just my story
    I have only been through ONE phone...
    I too received an early upgrade, 9 months into my 2year agreement which began on Storm 1's launch date, 11-21.
    11-22-09 01:20 PM
    Those refurbs aren't shipped packed very well either. Two of mine were just sliding around in a box with NO packing!

so far all the refurbs I've received over the past few months have been packaged very well, including this 1. Its replacement came the other day. FedEx didn't attempt to deliver the package which had been sent out overnight with guaranteed delivery by 3PM. Sweet right? wish it was a winner, since it boots up with 6-9mb more than any other storm I've had, but the volume buttons don't work, so its going back

11-24-09 05:42 AM
    Packaging with my replacements has never been an issue. The quality of the refurb job has always been an issue. Never had any issues with the 2 NEW storms I've gotten, however I didn't jump on the Storm ship until they had been out for awhile missing a lot of the first shipments bad eggs.
    11-24-09 03:31 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD