I just called my local store (Steubenville, OH) and asked about getting on a list for next friday, etc, and he said that it will only be available online and stores won't get it until the week after. I didn't feel like arguing so I just hung up. Has anyone else heard this? Thanks.
    11-13-08 11:35 AM
    did you try another store?
    11-13-08 11:36 AM
    that store is ********. i am "guaranteed" one on the date
    11-13-08 11:37 AM
    stop calling the stores. that is all there is to it, if you haven't noticed everyone on here is getting different answers and really i can see why these guys are becoming dicks. The stress verizon has put these reps through can work a lot of nerves. The reps are getting really frustrated and just wants the madness to end with all the phone calls they've been receiving.
    11-13-08 11:41 AM
    That's the only one I have that's not an hour away. Maybe I should wait and call tomorrow and see if I can speak to someone else. It's really irritating, since it says on every major news article that it will be available in stores.
    11-13-08 11:42 AM
    stop calling the stores. that is all there is to it, if you haven't noticed everyone on here is getting different answers and really i can see why these guys are becoming dicks. The stress verizon has put these reps through can work a lot of nerves. The reps are getting really frustrated and just wants the madness to end with all the phone calls they've been receiving.
    Relax. I didn't call before there was a set release date. I only called today because there IS a release date now. I wanted to ask if they were going to be opening early. When I get a response like that, that makes no sense, I'm just going to keep calling until I get a response that jives with what is in every major news article out there.
    11-13-08 11:45 AM
    just called mine, they are getting them on the 21st, there is no list its first come first serve and they are opening at 9.
    11-13-08 11:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD