Sometimes when I get a popup menu, like a yes or no menu, right in the middle of the screen, I have to repeatedly click my choice until it recognizes what I am doing. I don't have this problem anywhere else on the phone, just right in the center. Do you think this could be software related or a hardware problem?
    01-08-09 04:20 AM
    Is it only with popup menus? In other words if there is a link in the middle of the screen, does it click ok? If so then it's certainly not hardware. You can easily troubeshoot this yourself and figure out whether it's hardware or software. Go do some tests and try to get other things in the middle of the screen and click them. If EVERYTHING that is in the same spot has a hard time being clicked, then it could very well be one of the rare times where you do indeed have a hardware problem.
    01-08-09 05:33 AM
    As jjd228 said, if everything that is in the center has problems being clicked, regardless of what you are doing on the phone or what program you are using, then it's hardware.

If it's only in specific situations, then that's software related for sure. I've seen people return for reasons like that thinking it was a hardware issue, even though it wasn't.
    01-08-09 05:40 AM
    I have the same issue. I thought it was software related that the phone was just being slow to respond.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-09 06:37 AM
    I have this problem too. It is just with the pop up things like "delete" or "save" that show up in the middle of the screen- it doesn't do it with items on a page though. Thought it was just me not clicking it good enough there.
    01-08-09 10:28 AM
    Make sure what your clicking highlights. If it doesn't highlight, it won't click.
    01-08-09 10:44 AM
    Okay, so it seems this is only happening in popup menus. Browser, messenger and wordmole click all in the center just fine. Any ideas for fixes? Running .75
    01-08-09 06:32 PM
    I have seen this "problem". This is just an example of THE SCREEN CLICK problem, n'cest pas ? Gently touch the NO and slide to YES with your finger - then click. Do it once or twice without loosing your karma - otherwise, HE can spot fear and loathing ! So, there are three choices here: hardware, software, and cockpit error.

Doctor Neutron VZN / 4.7.0.75
    Last edited by DoctorNeutron; 01-08-09 at 09:57 PM.
    01-08-09 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD