I've had several Storms due to a variety of issues. Before I send the latest phone back I thought I would show some differences in the hardware and get feedback about other crackberry Storm owners. Is your Storm closer to Storm 1 or 2?

Storm 1 has a bright screen. Storm 2 brightness level 100 is equal to about Storm 1's brightness level 70.

Storm 2 has a slight bluish hue to the screen. The screen color difference is easiest seen in the button showdows. Storm 1 showdows appear grey/brown. Storm 2 appears more blue\dark grey.

Storm 1 on top, Storm 2 on bottom

Storm 1 on left, Storm 2 on right

Storm 1's camera/video seems to do better in lower light than Storm 2. Upon closer look the lense on Storm 1 has a red/purple colored lense & Storm 2 has a green/blue lense. Could there be a differnt lense type in these Storms?

Is your Storm closer to Storm 1 or 2?
    12-27-08 06:22 PM
    Storm 1 and I have had mine since Nov 21st! Are you seeing less light leak in the screen in the new storm? When did you get your new one?
    12-27-08 06:27 PM
    Red Lense, 211108
    12-27-08 06:46 PM
    my org phone was storm #1 and had the yellowish tint and bad click screen. got it on 11/21. my 1st and 2nd replacements were storm #2's. both had blue tints and perfect screens. i asked for a second replacement because my first one had buttons that were really lose and almost got ripped off several times by getting getting caught on my pants pocket. all of my phones were made in canada and had the 19xxx model number.

my second replacement (which i'm keeping) has a camera that looks like both of the pictures, depending on the orientation of the phone and light. perhaps, it's the same camera only at diff angles?

edit: also, i didn't pay attention to the screen brightness because mine's always set at 20
    12-27-08 06:47 PM
    Mines similar to #2, but i have sym next to keyboard rather than globe. I have a greenish lens on the camera.
    12-27-08 07:03 PM
    Storm 1 and I have had mine since Nov 21st! Are you seeing less light leak in the screen in the new storm? When did you get your new one?
    New one (Storm2) arrived a few days ago. Storm1 was from launch. By light leak do you mean the light that I can see from the screen gaps? If so, the Storm 2 seems to have slightly less light leaking out. Storm 2 is also the dimmer model when turned to 100 as compared to Storm 1.

Having owned many BlackBerrys I think the consistency & quality in the hardware isn't as good on the Storm as past RIM models. Its still the best thing on Verizon (doesn't mean much since Verizon has either mediocre new phones or older models).
    12-27-08 08:03 PM
    Just exchanged my original for a replacement (new). they honored the 30 day exchanged even though it was past by six days. Original was made in Canada. Replacement in Mexico.
    The new one has a brighter screen, no bluish tint, clicks WAY better.
    12-27-08 08:04 PM
    I hear the models made around the middle of Dec are more rugged and better built so I might send it back just to make sure since I am getting a bunch of specks of dust under the screen and I have a minor click problem!
    12-27-08 08:11 PM
    I have got a storm 9500 V2...
    How do I know that?
    It is written on the box! lol
    12-27-08 08:12 PM
    There has not been any new hardware revisions.
    12-27-08 08:14 PM
    Thanks for clearing this up CX I have been wondering!
    12-27-08 08:16 PM
    i have a replacement that was built on 12/20. I must say it is definitely more rugged than my previous storm. Screen does not rattle around nearly as much and it clicks infinitely better.
    12-27-08 08:22 PM
    Very interesting thread. Mine looks like storm one...
    12-27-08 08:37 PM
    i have a replacement that was built on 12/20. I must say it is definitely more rugged than my previous storm. Screen does not rattle around nearly as much and it clicks infinitely better.
    See I keep hearing things like this and I still want to return to make sure I am not stuck with the opening day duds!
    12-27-08 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD