I dropped my Storm for the first time.

I was getting out of my car, Storm in hand, with a clear two-piece case on it, and accidentally let go of it and it hit the floor. I thought the case would take care of it, but it only did for the initial impact. Once hitting the floor, the case smacked open and the phone hit the floor.

Now my baby has a few dents and I'm horribly upset.

I'd really love to return my Storm and get a new one, from all of you talking about warranty, but I don't know the first idea how.

How do I know if my phone is covered, how much would it cost, if it's worth it, all these questions stir in my head.

As of now, my cover is on, and it's the only thing that's making it non-visible, so I don't flip out too much!

AHHHH.
    07-09-09 06:09 PM
    Never happened to me... I hope that i dont drop it... for the next year...
    07-09-09 06:17 PM
    I don't know if they will let you trade it in if its just got a few dings and dents. Insurance would cover something like a cracked screen, but you'd still have to pay the deductible and would get a refurb. Maybe someone else has better advice. Best of luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-09 06:20 PM
    call VZW and ask if you have the warrenty on your plan, if so tell them you have been having issues, make some up, but before ask if you have it what the warrenty covers.
    07-09-09 06:20 PM
    Dropping your phone and scratching it is NOT covered under warranty. A warranty is for software and things like dust under the screen. If you have insurance you can do a claim and pay the deductible but that's about it.
    07-09-09 06:23 PM
    Your 1 year RIM warranty is not going to cover you having dropped it. Even if you were to make something up (they call that fraud), when RIM received it and saw the dings/dents/scratches, they would know it was dropped and charge you back for the full amount of the phone.

My only suggestion would be to get a better case, like the OtterBox. As long as the phone is working fine, I'm afraid you'll have to live with the scratches.
    07-09-09 06:25 PM
    Warranty is for defects or failure, not user-induced cosmetic issues.

You're now seeing the secondary use of the case - hiding what it didn't protect from... Just think of this as a relief, now you don't need to worry so much about that first ding. It's officially broken in....
    07-09-09 06:27 PM

I was getting out of my car, Storm in hand, with a clear two-piece case on it, and accidentally let go of it and it hit the floor. I thought the case would take care of it, but it only did for the initial impact. Once hitting the floor, the case smacked open and the phone hit the floor.

I'd really love to return my Storm and get a new one, from all of you talking about warranty, but I don't know the first idea how.

How do I know if my phone is covered, how much would it cost, if it's worth it, all these questions stir in my head.

As of now, my cover is on, and it's the only thing that's making it non-visible, so I don't flip out too much!

AHHHH.
    Just out of curiosity, was it a case you got from Verizon?

I ask because the first case I had came from Verizon the day I bought it, and I spent a few months with it and every time i would drop my phone the case would split on impact. I upgraded to the Seidio Innocase II and have been extremely pleased with it.
    07-09-09 07:10 PM
    If maker claims case protects in a fall then co. is liable for case+storm!
    07-09-09 09:22 PM
    the first of many
    07-09-09 09:51 PM

AHHHH.
    Once upon a time my storm too was scratch and ding proof.
    I took pride in keeping it brand new. About one month into our relationship, I took her out of her case and went out naked. Lo and behold, that would be the day that I let her slip thru my hands and onto some black top driveway.
    Needless to say, she got some bruises on her.
    I thought and felt exactly how yoy feel...should I make up a story to get a replacement? Should I use my insurance and pay the deductible? I even considered buying the chrome frame (the part that got scratched) and replacing it myself.
    In the end, I chose to do nothing, and you know what? I ended up getting used to it. Sure, I still kind myself staring at the scratch once in a while, but I think it kinda makes my storm even more unique...
    Plus it has helped ke to deal with my light case of OCD.
    Anyways. Good luck on getting over this very traumatic first....and hopefully LAST incident.

07-09-09 10:27 PM
    It was a case I bought from a phone store, but it's about the same as the Verizon cases. I'll post a picture later on tonight.

I was hoping I could make a claim for a bad case of clicks or dust under the screen. I was also wondering what the "deductible" would be and if I'd receive a new or refurbished phone.

07-09-09 10:34 PM
    I believe its 50 through asurion.

Also. I show off my storms battlescars as proof of its durability.

07-09-09 11:23 PM
    This guys mentality is the exact reason this country is in trouble. This country writes and writes and writes new laws everyday. And it's to keep dumba$$es who take advantage of situations. They have to write a new law to fix the old one because some lazy-a$$ found a loop-hole in the system and sued the state for millions of dollars.

You've heard the saying, "Give an inch and they take a mile."

Insurance is there to protect you from having to fork out a lot of money all at once in the case of an emergency. If people would use it as such, then we ALL would not have to pay bloated prices for coverage. This goes for not only phone insurance but for all types of insurance.

You not liking the scratch, that you caused, is hardly a reason to put in an insurance claim. Everyone on here should be pi$$ed off at this guy - and those like him.

I don't know about you all, but the bloated pricing from wireless companies are high enough. Let alone having to pay for insurance at a premium. We all are acting like we have money to throw away - during these tough economic times.

Wake up people. It takes everyone together to fix our problems and it's people like these who make it worse for everyone else.
    07-10-09 06:27 AM
    Wake up people. It takes everyone together to fix our problems and it's people like these who make it worse for everyone else.
    While I personally agree with your point of view, the reality is that 9 out of 10 people will do exactly what he is thinking. Everyone has a different view on what's right and wrong. This is one of those things that will never change. The insurance companys already rape us with high premiums. So at the end of the day, if it makes him happy to pay the deductable and get a new phone, so be it. It's a personal choice.
    07-10-09 07:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD