Gentlemen:
    Help!!
    I have a 9530 Storm, which I'm really enjoying. I just upgraded with Blackberry's software upgrade which made a nice difference with performance.

However, this is the second Storm that Verizion has sent me because each of the phones switch automatically and indiscriminately from handset to speaker and back again, randomly, without my doing anything, after I plug the phone into my AC charger, or my DC car charger, while talking on the phone.

I haven't found anything in the online manuals to tell me what to do about this annoying problem. Unfortunately, it's so distracting, I'm thinking of changing phones (which I'm hoping this email to you for an answer, will avoid).

Please email me a patch that you have hopefully found, or instructions for what to do to stop this strange phenomenon.

Sincerely,

RONALD B. KING, CLU
    Cell: 260/438-5464
    Email: [email protected]
    6427 D Oakbrook Parkway
    Fort Wayne, IN 46825
    PIN: 307B44BC
    Telephone Serial Number: A000000D 7D5A9E
    06-06-09 11:10 PM
    well I know that if I have my storm in the cradle it will go into the speaker mode but I just unplug it and it works fine. Might be because its plugged charging, so try and unplug it and see if it still does it.
    06-06-09 11:21 PM
    The only time this happens to me is when it switches from portrait to landscape.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 02:18 AM
    well I know that if I have my storm in the cradle it will go into the speaker mode but I just unplug it and it works fine. Might be because its plugged charging, so try and unplug it and see if it still does it.
    Ditto same happens here.
    06-07-09 02:20 AM
    When I unplug my storm, it goes back to handset from speaker, when I'm talking. That's fine, but I don't want to have to keep doing that all the time. Does RIM have a fix for the annoying self-switching from handset to speaker when my Storm is plugged in and I'm talking?
    RON
    06-07-09 06:14 AM
    Unless u r inadvertently pressing screen while on a call--in which case u need 3rd party screen lock--try plugging in/unplugging headset a few times. U can call voicemail 2 do sound testing. If not fixed, return.
    06-07-09 09:00 AM
    This is a normal function of the operating system.

The assumption is that you are not talking on the phone while you are charging it and if you are you will not have it to your head so the phone is doing what it thinks you want it to do which is transfer the conversation to the speakerphone. If you are talking with a headset(bluetooth or wired) it will not do this.
    06-07-09 01:10 PM
    Unless u r inadvertently pressing screen while on a call--in which case u need 3rd party screen lock--try plugging in/unplugging headset a few times. U can call voicemail 2 do sound testing. If not fixed, return.
    You no longer need those talklock apps.
    06-07-09 01:11 PM
    Didn't know app obsolete. Thanks.

BTW...OP not referring only 2 charging.
    06-07-09 01:28 PM
    Didn't know app obsolete. Thanks.

BTW...OP not referring only 2 charging.
    Sorry the way I read it was that it was giving you issues while on the phone and plugging it in to a charger.
    06-07-09 01:39 PM
    Sorry the way I read it was that it was giving you issues while on the phone and plugging it in to a charger.
    thats the way I read it as well
    06-07-09 04:28 PM
    thats the way I read it as well
    I thought he meant only when he plugged it in too, because of this followup post

When I unplug my storm, it goes back to handset from speaker, when I'm talking. That's fine, but I don't want to have to keep doing that all the time. Does RIM have a fix for the annoying self-switching from handset to speaker when my Storm is plugged in and I'm talking?
    RON
    And, yes, the phone is working as designed, as gt pointed out.

Like many of the features on all "smart" phones, this should be a selectable feature, not a static setting, based on an assumption about how I want to use my phone.
    06-07-09 04:38 PM
    I read it a 3rd time & think u all r rite. Okay now i'm sorry...
    06-07-09 07:05 PM
    I read it a 3rd time & think u all r rite. Okay now i'm sorry...
    Not picking on you, it is just constructive criticism.
    06-07-09 07:09 PM
    I don't feel picked on silly! U all clarified matter, that's all!
    06-07-09 07:17 PM
    The OP was not very clear about when the problem was happening. I wasn't sure myself until I read the follow up post.

BTW, has anyone seen the OP, they seem to have left the thread. I hope we helped.
    06-08-09 11:59 AM
    Vacation??
    06-08-09 12:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD