So my phone was constantly freezing and I took it to Verizon on Sunday and they said they would give me a new phone. They did and moved all the contacts over. I made sure to back up the phone on my computer prior to going down there anyway however. Last night I went to delete a contact out of my phone and my whole contact list was wiped (as if they moved my contacts as 1 file or something). So I figured OK good thing I have my backup file. I open my BB Desktop manager, restore the file from the other day, however when I do that, no contacts come with it.

Anything I can do to find my contacts somewhere or what?
    12-15-09 05:09 AM
    Remove all your filter settings and they will show up
    12-15-09 07:50 AM
    try restoring a different backup file. Don't want to say it, but did you do a battery pull after restore? If that doesnt work, try a fresh OS install and restore again.
    12-15-09 07:53 AM
    I agree with the above posters. When you open dm, select backup and restore and you should be able to see your contacts listed there by number. Select contacts and add it to your device. This is also a good time to consider google sync app in case all else fails, you can always use sync to restore all contacts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-09 08:02 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD