Hi smart people I've noticed this error from the original release of the Storm. I have created a group list and have been stored and backed up on my backup file. I have never had a problem w/my curve or pearl but w/the Storm - problems.

I would have a group of contacts in my group list and they woul be saved in the group; however, when I sync or update my phone to pc, the group list would miss a few of my contacts. I would always have to go and edit them by adding the missing contacts back in.

Has anyone else have this problem??
    03-02-09 05:40 PM
    I haven't noticed this problem. Is it only happening during sync, or are they starting to disappear randomly?

People were reporting contacts going missing with themes from time to time.
    03-02-09 05:47 PM
    This is usually after syncing. I took into VZW to have their tech duplicate the problem and of course they couldn't...never does when you want the problem to show when someone is there to help...but it happens when I backup files using sync.
    03-02-09 06:17 PM
    Are you syncing to outlook? have you tried checking the details section on each sync to see what exactly it's trying to do to each database?
    03-02-09 06:29 PM
    actually, i'm not syncing it to outlook the last time. i never set it up to syncronize to outlook for calendar or contact. I hooked up the cable to my pc for the upgrade of the leaked OS 109 - never synced outlook at all.
    03-02-09 06:31 PM
    wait, then what are you synching with? or are you referring to backups? Synch and backup are two different things.
    03-02-09 06:32 PM
    Ok, it happened both time but the most current that I found was when I was doing a backup before I installed the new OS.

Basically, it happens anytime after I plug my phone w/the USB cord to the pc. It never happened to my pearl or curve but the storm is NOT retaining all my contact in the group list only.
    03-02-09 06:58 PM
    The Storm 2 has been giving me problems with retaining my contacts in the group. I have a feeling it has something to do with Verizon's back up assistant. I constantly re-adding contacts after getting booted from the group list. RIM is so clueless, they can't tell me if there's a limit to how many contacts one can have per group. Verizon is equally as helpless, as they have to resort to GOOGLING the answer to my question. My question is very simple:

1. How many contacts can you put in a group?
    2. How many contacts in a group can you text at one time?
    3. If you surpass "x" amount of contacts in the group, does the phone simply remove the excess contacts?

The answers to these questions both Verizon AND RIM can't find. It's UNBELIEVABLE!
    11-24-10 06:59 PM
    I'll answer for u mate... AFAIK :
    1. Max 30 members per Group.
    2. 30 i think...
    3. No, it wont allow u to add more contacts.

Yes, i dont like RIM either, they're not open about this information...
    01-04-12 07:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD