Found this article from my google alert its from a launch party in Indy. found some interesting things they say the screen is a semi-hard plastic screen plus a few other things he also sad it blows the bold away.. WOW Launch Party: Verizon shows off the BlackBerry Storm - Gadgets
    11-12-08 08:53 PM
    Semi-Hard Plastic?

Well, if that is true, then it is somewhat disappointing. But if you end up not getting this phone just because the screen isn't glass.....you have problems.
    11-12-08 08:57 PM
    Thanks for the read! Im so psyched for this BB!
    And also...

Thanks for the find.

thanks for the info. I love the skin that is the one I am wanting. I'm ready for this phone already lol! But I've read several times and thought that CX also said it was not plastic but glass
    11-12-08 08:58 PM
    I wonder where the author got this idea from:

"The best guess would be $99.00, if pushed during a holiday rush, or regular price of $199.00 with a service contract."

Was that just a complete guess on his part or what?
    11-12-08 08:59 PM
    I like this quote.

"Not only is it different, the other touch devices are not even in the same ballpark."
    11-12-08 09:00 PM
    very nice article!!
    11-12-08 09:00 PM
    Very interesting article, thanks.

BTW:

I am now adding "right up" to my list of 'choosed' and relyable on list of words/ expressions painful to see.
    11-12-08 09:02 PM

BTW:

I am now adding "right up" to my list of 'choosed' and relyable on list of words/ expressions painful to see.
    Good call.
    11-12-08 09:03 PM
    great find. about the screen, it seems like he said it "felt" like semi-hard plastic, not that it was made out of semi-hard plastic.
    11-12-08 09:04 PM
    thanks for the info. I love the skin that is the one I am wanting. I'm ready for this phone already lol! But I've read several times and thought that CX also said it was not plastic but glass
    i thought he said it waz glass also and the other member who did the preview in MN. thought it waz a hard plastic mmm
    11-12-08 09:04 PM
    RIM has already said it's glass...why is this even up for debate?
    11-12-08 09:05 PM
    I loved the line by Verizon, "We're not a one phone company". That must've been a kick in the nuts for ATT, LOL.
    11-12-08 09:06 PM
    I also don't know why this is still questioned. When Kevin did his write-up of the storm, he confirmed the screen was glass.
    11-12-08 09:09 PM
    "The screen feels like a semi-hard plastic"
    It "FEELS LIKE"
    11-12-08 09:13 PM
    Well then, the question from me is what quality is the glass?

The glass screen on my Ipod touch is pretty much scratch-proof. And if it is the same for the Storm, then I won't bother with screen protectors and such.
    11-12-08 09:13 PM
    Internet Access:

Full-blown REV-A speeds and 3G access allows the Internet to explode on the Storm.

During testing, the browser correctly displayed The Tech Herald, and the site was simple to navigate and read thanks to the zoom functions offered in the browser design. Like the iPhone, you drag your finger to zoom in and out, and move all over the page.

While it might have been a bug in the beta code on the Storm, sites that were heavy in Java slowed the Storm and locked the device. The lockup didn’t last long, and the Storm corrected the problem itself.

Noticed this part of the article, kinda made me wonder. Notice the underlined sentence....
    11-12-08 09:21 PM
    Okay, so what if it isn't glass?? Just because that other phone's is glass, does every other touch screen phone have to be glass to be semi-comparable? If it feels good, its responsive, it looks good, where does this notion of it possibly having to be glass come from?!
    11-12-08 09:24 PM
    I don't think anyone in here is saying "IT MUST BE GLASS!!!"

Putting a glass screen on a phone though screams quality.

The phone dimensions on VZW says "61.2in x 112in x 13.85in"
    THAT IS ONE BIG *** PHONE!
    11-12-08 09:29 PM
    The phone dimensions on VZW says "61.2in x 112in x 13.85in"
    THAT IS ONE BIG *** PHONE!
    Hahahah yea that's pretty huge... I don't know if that's quite pocket-size.. lol
    11-12-08 09:31 PM
    [QUOTE] Make no mistake; the BlackBerry Storm is no normal touch device. The screen feels like a semi-hard plastic. It really bends when you press on it, but when pressed hard, it simply moved in and didn�t show any signs of wanting to crack or break. Whether using two hands and your thumbs, or single finger touch, the Storm is by far the most reactive touch screen tested to date by The Tech Herald.[\QUOTE]

This is nothing like my experience with the storm today. The screen does NOT "really" bend.. nor do you need to press HARD to execute a command.

While I agree that the screen felt like it was plastic.. when using it, you didn't actually feel the movement. The action required to type or execute functions is a light, but deliberate press.. not unlike clicking your mouse. In NO way did it require HARD pressure. I did see people today wrenching on it pretty good until they understood the amount of force required.

jamie
    11-12-08 09:31 PM
    good arile anks for e pos !
    11-12-08 09:32 PM
    My guess is that the screen is a type of glass...maybe like the outer lens of a headlight on a high end vehicle.
    11-12-08 10:09 PM
    I'm guessong the title should actually be "write up" lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 10:11 PM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD