when there is an available update, it will definitely be stickied
    You're not alone..

I'm laughing a little at them too...
    12-03-08 07:42 AM
    I agree Don. You did everyone a favor and most of us appreciate it. I also think that when a lot of us were new to BlackBerry, we have all wiped or accidentally done something to our phones...it's part of the learning process. To all that wiped their phones, you're better for it. Now you can learn how to fix it.
    12-03-08 08:09 AM
    I agree Don. You did everyone a favor and most of us appreciate it. I also think that when a lot of us were new to BlackBerry, we have all wiped or accidentally done something to our phones...it's part of the learning process. To all that wiped their phones, you're better for it. Now you can learn how to fix it.
    i second, its like when you tell a little kid not to touch the stove eye, and they do it anyway. you learn from mistakes. and also don thank you so much for the update.
    12-03-08 09:50 AM
    dont like it, dont use it.
    12-03-08 10:28 AM
    its not letting me upgrade still it says .65 is the latest version
    12-03-08 11:29 AM
    Well I figured it all out and the update was succesfull. I am now running .75 leaked version. It seems to be better but not quite convinced.

I first ran the application loader and it said that there was something wrong with my internet connection. I see a few other people have gotten this message as well. I ran the check for updates a few more times and eventually it did something. The application loader now has 5 different updates. The updates are:
    1)Application 4.7 Systom Software version 4.7
    2)Blackberry 4.7 core application verision 4.7
    3)Browser version 4.7.0
    4)Email Setup Application version 4.7.0
    5)phone version 4.7.0

I am new at this and have no idea what this means or what i should do with it. Can anybody point me in the right direction?
    12-03-08 11:32 AM
    Desk top manager did not see the upgrade so I went to blackberry's website. I clicked on update now and the application loader opened up did its thing but when it tried to download the update I received an error message saying there was something wrong with my internet connection.....check your connection or try again later. Anybody else have this problem
    Same issue here... How to fix? Am I supposed to enter a password when the application loader starts?
    12-03-08 11:41 AM
    Yeah I got the internet connection message the first few times i tried but it aventually worked. when the box pops up for the pin and password just connect your blackberry to the computer and the pin will appear. u shouldnt need a password.
    12-03-08 12:03 PM
    I think I have the link for all you uk vodafone customers... Though i'm sure someone may have already posted it
    Anyway here it is... hAttps: // Awww.blackberry.com/ Downloads/ entry.do?code=1141938BA2C2B13F5505D7C424EBAE5F.. 10 post error this

Download install and rock... Quite simple
    12-03-08 12:41 PM
    Hopefully not repeating an earlier post - using DM didn't detect any update so I went to Verizon site and downloaded teh latest DM update. As soon as I installed and DM connected, it found 3 new software updates. The 4.7 Core Application update being the important one (?) - during update it removed both Facebook and Flickr..hmmm.
    Still running....
    2:00pm Disaster - the update failed due to "space not available". Trying to use the 9530 after that was awful - slow and unresponsive. I'm trying to restore from my backuo, by DM seems to have gone to sleep.
    Last edited by Thors_Hammer; 12-03-08 at 01:07 PM.
    12-03-08 12:46 PM
    Couldn't have said it better. Phone isn't even a month old.
    12-03-08 12:52 PM
    I have tried the Download Manager and wireless upgrades and have not found the update. The Verizon site shows only the email upgrade. Where do I go to get the .7 upgrade?
    12-03-08 02:53 PM
    I have followed the link several times to upgrade to 4.7.0.75 First of all 4 out of 5 times the update screen says I have the newest version which I have .65. I'll unplug try again then I get the 4.7 release. However, if you press the details tab on the release, it says 4.7.0.65. How is everyone getting this to work so smoothly. Any suggestions because I'm going crazy!!
    12-04-08 08:32 AM
    I have followed the link several times to upgrade to 4.7.0.75 First of all 4 out of 5 times the update screen says I have the newest version which I have .65. I'll unplug try again then I get the 4.7 release. However, if you press the details tab on the release, it says 4.7.0.65. How is everyone getting this to work so smoothly. Any suggestions because I'm going crazy!!
    12-04-08 08:35 AM
    I updated my Storm yesterday on a friends PC. Why a friend's PC? Because I am a Mac user.

The problem is the Verizon staff NEVER told me that BlackBerrys OS can not be updated on an Apple. In fact, knowing i am a MAC user, they still instructed me to go home "to my computer" and update the OS.
    12-07-08 08:33 AM
90 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD