Hello everyone. I'm having an issue with the brightness on my phone. It started tonight. I have my phone usually set to about 50 on the brightness scale. Earlier tonight it looked as if it were on 10. Too dim for me.
    I tried resetting to 100 and nothing. I did 2 battery pulls and I have installed nothing new in the last few days just did some updates on existing apps, which I temporarily deleted and still the phone is very very dim. Any clues? TY

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-09 12:42 AM
    Do you have the backlight set to automatically dim? I was having similar issues and it ended up being a hardware issue(bad light sensor). When that happened though if set auto dim off it would stay at whatever brightness I had chosen.

09-23-09 01:00 AM
    do you have a case on it? Have you tried rotating it from landscape to portrait?
    09-23-09 01:01 AM
    Which OS are you running? I'm on .230 and every time I go to landscape mode it seems to bring down the brightness. I guess its something I've grown to sacrifice when dealing with the overall awesomeness of 5.0. But I can feel where you're coming from as I have horrible eye sight and would love to have brightness at 100% when I actually want it at 100%.

09-23-09 03:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD