So my screen went dead on my Storm, I took it to Verizon and with hardly any questions asked, got a brand new Storm. This is my second Storm and I never really had any problems with my first one.

I will say I have noticed a night and day difference in the clicking on my new one and my old one, I guess I thought my first one clicked good, now I know how it's supposed to really feel.

Word of advice for anyone ever deciding to get a new phone or a replacement:

BACK UP EVERYTHING!! I backed up my phone's everything before I took it in and when I came home and plugged it into DM, it's as if it is the same phone. (wallpapers, contacts, settings, organization, folders, ringtones...)

The only thing i forgot, and I'm pretty upset about it, is the applications. I had a ton of applications in my app folder and I didn't realize you have to back those up separately. Won't take more than a little time in the app world to get them back though.

I spoke with the VZW rep about Crackberry and she said, "If more people would just be like you and use that website, people would hardly have to come in here to fix anything!" I even showed here some things I've learned off here that she didn't know. Thanks CB!
    07-18-09 05:07 PM
    Same problem with mine...Screen died n got a free one.
    07-18-09 05:11 PM
    Wow never had that problem. Only had lag and media issues.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-18-09 08:55 PM
    im guessing you have to be a verizon customer to get this warranty treatment
    07-18-09 09:21 PM
    im guessing you have to be a verizon customer to get this warranty treatment
    Treatment, yes. Warranty, no. Go through RIM Directly if you need to, but that's a long process. lol
    07-18-09 09:24 PM
    Treatment, yes. Warranty, no. Go through RIM Directly if you need to, but that's a long process. lol
    yeahhhh, i try to avoid rim LOL. they have to be the hardest people to get ahold of.
    so i cant just get a verizon person to take it in for me? do they need to have the phone on their active line?
    07-18-09 09:29 PM
    yeahhhh, i try to avoid rim LOL. they have to be the hardest people to get ahold of.
    so i cant just get a verizon person to take it in for me? do they need to have the phone on their active line?
    yep, well not always, but it DOES help...
    07-18-09 09:30 PM
    Well this just happened to me today. Guessing I should take my phone up to Verizon and try and get a replacement?
    09-05-09 12:04 AM
    I've always had good experiences with VZW when it comes to issues. I've never had a berry I've taken back because of something that wasn't a hardware malfunction either cause of CB!

But yeah, my storm runs like warm butter. And clicks amazingly. I'm so in love.
    09-05-09 03:59 PM
    happened to me yesterday. Takes forever reloading all the apps. I didn't know you could back those up.
    09-05-09 06:13 PM
    I also never had that issue but other issues with my previous storms but congrats on your new storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD