Not sure if many of you are aware but a few days ago Google made a new browser for PC's called chrome. Knowing that Google has a lot of involvment with Backberry's do you think that there a possibilty for a new browser?
    02-01-09 11:08 AM
    Let's hope so, and that it will be able to acces streaming sites....
    02-01-09 11:13 AM
    A WEEKS ago they released an updated version of Chrome, but Chrome has been around for a couple of MONTHS now.

Not sure it will see its way to any mobile devices though, given the highly multi-threaded nature of the program... And the fact that it's not written in Java, like all BB apps have to be.
    02-01-09 11:17 AM
    really? a few days ago? chrome has been out for 5 months already...

i'd doubt they'll put out a mobile browser for a while, they, like many companys are cutting back on many of their projects due to this whole recession thing.
    02-01-09 11:18 AM
    Google Chrome has been around for more then 6 months now. It's an okay browser I guess, but it doesn't have the WOW factor that most google products have. It reminds me a lot of I.E. personally.
    02-01-09 11:28 AM
    I've been wondering about the anticipated arrival of Firefox mobile http://forums.crackberry.com/f40/firefox-mobile-146972/

Ooooh Oooh I'm wanting BB Browser or firefox to give us Flash video too. There'd been some chatter that BB would be rolling that out in 2009
    02-01-09 11:28 AM
    I love chrome. Seeing that they have their own mobile OS (android) now I could totally see a mobile version of chrome. I just hope if it does become a reality that it will be available for other OS such as blackberry also.
    02-01-09 11:41 AM
    The beta has been out but has the official version been released.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 11:47 AM
    The beta has been out but has the official version been released.
    Both Beta and Stable releases are "official." Beta came out in September. Google started releasing stable release(s) on December 11.

And with Google, the word "beta" doesn't mean much. Heck Gmail is still officially "beta"
    02-01-09 12:02 PM
    Much as I would love to see Firefox on the BB, it's not going to happen. It would simply be far too much effort to port and maintain. Sadly, WinMo is the only platform likely to see a mobile version of Firefox.

I could personally give a rats arse about Flash. At least 99% of the time, any site that uses Flash does so in a way that really adds nothing to the experience of going to some website, except an annoying loading screen at the outset. YouTube is about the only major site I can think of that actually uses it well. And where I work, they use Flash for the map of the campus, so you can enter in a search for a specific building, and it'll zoom in on it, give you a listing of what departments are there, all that. Perfectly good use of Flash... But then you go to a site for a movie or video game, and it's just one giant Flash app... Those people need to be shot, but only after a good old fashioned drawing and quartering as we dump boiling oil onto them.
    02-01-09 12:07 PM
    Unfortunately all web video I've seen on my BB totally sucks... a couple examples CNN or youtube. I'm hoping that Flash video would give us an improved picture.
    02-01-09 12:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD