Well it has been nice (at times) to own a Storm, however, I tire of the Hybrids, upgrades, downgrades, cop & paste etc. in order to make this phone work properly. Yes I know it wasn't made with us EDGE users in mind but they shouldn't have put the feature in there to begin with if it was gonna be such crap.

Yeah, I am selling my Storm tomorrow, after which I will immediately take the moeny I made and purchase my Bold (which I wanted in the first place). My carrier fully supports it, with OS upgrades and the like so it's a safer route for me to take.

It has been fun trying all sorts of crazy things out with you guys and I want to say a big THANK YOU to everyone who has helped out in trying to better our Storm experience. It just didn't work for me....

So with this I say...good bye Storm!

Peace!!
    04-21-09 12:18 AM
    enjoy the bold!!!
    04-21-09 12:30 AM
    Good for you. Now go post in the bold forums!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-09 12:35 AM
    Yup,
    I am right behind you, I just ordered the Bold.
    I plan on keeping the Storm to see what the future holds.
    04-21-09 12:36 AM
    Enjoy the smaller screen…
    04-21-09 12:38 AM
    well good luck
    04-21-09 01:18 AM
    good luck, have fun
    bye
    04-21-09 03:26 AM
    if verizon carried the bold I would have that instead of the storm. At first I loved the storm to no end sticking up for it whenever I could. 7 months down the road still no updates and the phones still run like crap even 7 moths from the time they came out. If Verizon doesn't care about this phone, why should I?
    04-21-09 04:03 AM
    Wouldnt be a good idea in my opinion. Dunno what its like were you are but in UK you have to buy contract out just to even consider changing phones. Sucks. So to change and buy new phone would cost too much.

Enjoy your change. toodles.
    04-21-09 05:56 AM
    Yes the Storm is an epic failure. I finally know why the iPhone is the #1 sold phone
    04-21-09 06:00 AM
    Love all the Storm fools with their smart *** remarks. Joe, I fully understand and got rid of my storm 3 months ago. Biggest failure RIM has ever had. They know it but the people here have yet to get it.
    04-21-09 06:04 AM
    Yes the Storm is an epic failure. I finally know why the iPhone is the #1 sold phone
    Because theres wayyy too many rich spoilt children out there??

You tell me.

Thats gonna start some flaming once again ><
    04-21-09 06:10 AM
    LOL Joe. Too true :P *duck*
    I don't think the remarks are "smart ***".
    i think its a matter of us having poured lots of money into it, unable to change contract or pay for another phone cash... We just have to enjoy what we have, and hope that RIM fixes it eventually. I had mine for 3 months, so it doesnt feel that bad, while Im on the same os choice as those who have had their storms 7 months, I can understand this from their perspectives. I am too, slowly starting to wonder why i am paying so much for everything, yet have problems with hardware and software. Will my SP trade it around for me for a bold? no. I am stuck, so i might as well enjoy what it is.
    04-21-09 06:26 AM
    Im thinking about getting the 9630, selling my storm, **** I only paid $100 for my storm. So that one site will give me $150 for my storm, which puts me up $50.

Then when/if a storm 2 comes out I will get it. I'm still thinking about it, I do like my storm, but theres no point for it to lose value another 5-7 months.
    04-21-09 06:35 AM
    The storm has only been out 5 months, but Verizon is messing up again.

04-21-09 06:37 AM
    Kinda reminds me what they said about the iPhone when it was first released, unfortunately the Storm has way more potential then the iPhone has and other then nit picking at software glitches, the Storm is a better phone IMHO, and the best is yet to come and that's what keeps me smiling all the time!
    04-21-09 06:56 AM
    I recently switched to ATT and got a free Bold. I unlocked my Storm and kept it thinking I could switch back and forth between the two. After having my Bold for a week the Storm is now for sale. I have no interest in going back to it after playing with the Bold.

JMHO.
    04-21-09 07:00 AM
    The storm has only been out 5 months, but Verizon is messing up again.

I had the iphone 2g from the day of its release. Where was that 5 months down. Sheeeet.

People blaming their carriers too much, when all they do is buy the contract or whatever from RIM. Bid for it as such i believe.

Use storm lovers just need a little more patience. Rim will deliever soon. Hopefully.
    04-21-09 07:04 AM
    coastietech:

There was just another article in the New York Times this morning about ATT Service and how spotty the service can be. Have you noticed service issues?
    04-21-09 07:21 AM
    coastietech:

There was just another article in the New York Times this morning about ATT Service and how spotty the service can be. Have you noticed service issues?
    I live in South Florida.. I have had no issues whatsoever so far. I have 3G everywhere I go down here.

The true test will be when I go to Norwalk OH in May lol
    04-21-09 07:26 AM
    In the North East, it's VZW or else.
    04-21-09 07:50 AM
    All the hype and marketing, the lack of inventory to support the overwelming consumer response, and this is what we get!?! A promise that an OS upgrade is on the way. "At the end of the month" they have been saying for the last 2 months. I am ready to bite the bullet and go back to my Palm. Verizon needs to be a little more forth comming about this phones failure.
    04-21-09 09:23 AM
    Good luck with the Bold. I see you're with LAME. Why not go with the 8900? Oh and the 9500 is coming to LAME soon as well. They already have been 'trained' on the units.
    04-21-09 10:17 AM
    My Storm originally had AIM on it but I deleted the software, however, the Buddy alerts are still in my Ringtones folder...how do I delete them?
    04-21-09 10:30 AM
    Enjoy the smaller screen…
    Haha ... I like

My contract ends in December because I used a NE2 so I'm going to stick with mine and evaluate the newest devices at that point and do what I need to.
    04-21-09 10:38 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD