Now I'm glad I didn't get the phone a week or two earlier. I avoided the temptation to try out the leaked update, and the possibility of it screwing up. My Storm is a little sluggish, but otherwise is perfect and I love everything and think it was really well done. There's a great deal of user friendliness to it even now, before I'm up to speed on the ins and outs of the device. Getting my contacts on was a mild hassle and too time consuming. I used Backup Assistant on my old phone, then clicked the option to print them from the My.Verizon site. This displayed them all neatly on screen so I copied and pasted into excel. I then exported my gmail contacts to an MS Outlook-style CSV file (simpler than the Google CSV). I stuck my phone contacts into this CSV, with some effort. I imported the CSV back into Gmail and used Google sync to get them onto my Storm. I'd rather go through that than take a trip to the VZW store/pit of Cthulu. The update finished downloading and it just told me it will take 2 hours. I will check the forums to see about this.
    12-10-08 07:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD