We've all seen pictures of the storm and that uber-cool retro look alarm clock in the dock.. But, doesn't the display time out and go dark like when I have my Curve plugged in to the charger?
    11-18-08 07:59 PM
    I would imagine that the bed side mode overrides that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 08:01 PM
    im assuming the storm is different, and it seems like they are advertising the charger as somewhat of a clock feature. so there is either a feature on the phone that u can turn on and off or it just stays on
    11-18-08 08:02 PM
    would that "wear out" the screen?....being on all night....night after night?
    11-18-08 08:15 PM
    I currently have a Dare, and when charging, it goes into the clock mode display just as I have seen on the Storm.
    11-18-08 08:16 PM
    IMO, the dock is way overrated. All it does is make your storm sit up so you can see it. Doesnt have the phone do anything that it cant do laying down flight, right?
    11-18-08 08:16 PM
    In one of the zillion reviews, I read that the flip clock is the same as the Bold, which keeps the flip clock display on, but dims down, so you can still see the time, but it's not a spotlight shining in your face,,,,,, now the question of the hour for all of you old timers, do you think it will have the noise of the # cards flipping every minute, and all the cards flipping every hour???
    11-18-08 08:20 PM
    IMO, the dock is way overrated. All it does is make your storm sit up so you can see it. Doesnt have the phone do anything that it cant do laying down flight, right?
    gets you milk n cookies...re-orgonizes your room..keeps you warm at night

aka...replaces your girlfriend FTW
    11-18-08 08:20 PM
    How about a timer application ?. I go to sleep with my radio on and set it to go off in about a half hour. I listen to audio on my Curve and have to set the auto off to accomplish the same thing.
    11-18-08 08:24 PM
    yall use it for a clock. ill use it in my car for a gps mount
    11-18-08 08:27 PM
    On the Bold there is a Bedside mode, which I assume is what allows it to stay on (though dimmed as indicated earlier).
    11-18-08 08:31 PM
    Every phone I have ever owned always stays fully lit when plugged in.

I am with some of your opinions saying that the only purpose of the dock is to have the phone stand up when next to the bed...unless someone can prove these statements wrong, what's the purpose of the 30 bucks?
    11-18-08 08:45 PM
    yall use it for a clock. ill use it in my car for a gps mount
    I think they are going to make an actual window mount for GPS use. The dock might not work so well.
    11-18-08 08:52 PM
    I'm buying it to keep the USB jack from snapping off like it did on my 8830 (and 3 of my friend's BB's as well). I figure it will hold the phone and take the pressure off that stupid tab.
    11-19-08 08:59 AM

I am with some of your opinions saying that the only purpose of the dock is to have the phone stand up when next to the bed...unless someone can prove these statements wrong, what's the purpose of the 30 bucks?
    Ummm.... to recharge the phone at night?????
    11-19-08 09:02 AM

If you want it buy it, if not then don't worry you wont be spending that money. Some people will find it useful others don't need it. Think to you self of all the other docks out there for the thousands of phones on the market. what are there purpose.
    11-19-08 10:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD