Anybody else have any good experiences? The Midwest seemed fine. Walked into the store around 11am for a storm, had it on my account in 20 minutes. Went to lunch. Then went back to get my boss one, had his on a new account with number ported over in 30 minutes. The store had ordered 50 phones for today and were shipped 5 today with the rest sometime next week. I had mine reserved.
    11-21-08 05:08 PM
    showed up at the store at 645 and they let us in at 7 and had the phone in my hand by 730
    11-21-08 05:31 PM
    Was #8 in line at my store. Most in line were upgrading. I got there at 7am for an 8am opening. At 7:30, they came out and took our names and phone numbers so they could make sure we were eligible for upgrade. They opened the doors promptly at 8 and I had my phone in my hand and out the door by 8:30.
    11-21-08 07:01 PM
    went to the one in illinois @ 430pm and they still had 8 in stock and i didnt get to buy one cause im with t-mobile but i played with it. awesome. i dont know what everyone is talking about that its no responsive. to me it work fine.
    11-21-08 07:07 PM
    my store was opening at 8 so I got there at 630 and was 6th in line. At about 745 the manager came out to tell us that they were not selling phones for retail and to take our names and numbers to go ahead and get us logged into the system. Then a couple minutes later one of the employees brought out coffee and cups for everyone interestd. I really thought that was great customer service, consider it was snowing on us! We got in at 8 and they had 40 storms in stock. I had my phone in about 30 minutes and they did not charge for activation or transfering over our contact lists! This is rare from my experience! So yea I had a very nice experience
    11-21-08 07:08 PM
    went into the vzw store in the mall where i work on thursday, they called at 10:14 before they even scanned them in, had it on my account by 10:30!
    11-21-08 07:12 PM
    I live in Southwest VA (Blacksburg) where Best Buy got TWO, both preorders... which I found out AFTER I stood there for 45 minutes being second in line with #1 and #3 in line being the preorders... apparently the system crash caused #1's activation to take forever and there was only ONE person working BBY Mobile! AHHH!!! I left pronto to head to 2 nearby VZN stores and NONE of the Verizon stores in the area received ANY phones when I asked the Verizon rep why in the world Verizon would launch a product and not send any stock to their stores... she was clueless to say the least. She did however say a store 35 miles away got 10 but they were gone by 8:10am as that store opened at 8:00am. I would have been there myself but earlier in the week a BBY employee told me that I could "come by Friday and it wouldn't be a problem to pick one up without a preorder"... Ha! Lucky for me my husband has a business account and had put my name on his rep's list awhile back and I have had an appointment with him for Monday (24th) to get the phone for a couple weeks now. We were told back then that their phones wouldn't ship until today and the first appts wouldn't be until Mon. I, of course, didn't want to believe that and wanted one TODAY first thing! After my experience this morning I panicked when no phones were available and finally talked to the business rep to confirm that I did indeed have a phone. I asked him what in the world was going on with the "supply". He told me that he had gotten an email yesterday that said the Southeast was allotted 600 phones....600!!!!!! NO phones would be available for upgrades (until sometime late next week at best) just for new accounts. He had a list of current clients who he had "ordered" phones for and had to make uncomfortable calls giving them the news. Luckily I was one person on his list that was porting over to my husbands account (I purposely never came over 2 months ago when they set up their account because I was waiting for the Storm!!!!) He got an email around noon today confirming that he did have ONE phone for ME and it will be here tomorrow.... thank goodness! He's gong out of town for the weekend but going to the office before he leaves tomorrow to get MY phone so it doesn't "disappear" over the weekend. I would have suggested that I meet him there tomorrow but we'll be tailgating and watching the Hokies play!

Been kinda bummed that I didn't get one this morning first thing but after all that's happened today with supply I am now thankful... better late than never!

All these negative posts have gotten me down today but now that I see some are popping back up here saying that it's growing on them... I feel like a kid at Christmas again and its been 40 years since I've felt that way! Woohoo!
    11-21-08 07:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD