I recently updated to a Storm few days ago and one of the issues that keeps bugging me is I have a profile notification setup for 'Gmail - New Mail' and the issue is the storm vibrates/rings as if I received a new gmail-email but looking at the Home screen (I have the gmail app icon on home screen) the gmail icon does not have the new mail representation icon. But if I go to the main screen (clicking on the blackberry icon button) the gmail icon does have the new mail representation icon and now if I go back to the home screen, sure enough the gmail icon on the home screen also has the new mail notification icon. I've done reboots to see if this issue goes away, but unfortunately it hasn't helped. I hope i've managed to explain my issue properly....

I've never had an issue like this happen on my 8830...any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

VZW
    08-11-09 04:58 PM
    I seem to have figured out my problem.....It was the home screen not refreshing bug (see link). Fixed it by setting the home screen grid to 'Default' instead of '4x4'.

forums.crackberry.com/f132/homescreen-refresh-bug-w-pics-225203
    08-12-09 03:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD