Hi People, I am new here, I own a BB Storm since few weeks. I have installed GMail mobile application, but this works through browser, not BB server so I dont like to use it, however, I have my GMail account registered through BB Intenet service application, but thing is I cant see GMail Icon as I see my AOL Icon on storm desktop. Any tips/advice/idea why?

Thanks in advance + Greets from EU
    04-29-09 01:09 PM
    So you have the gmail application installed and you have your gmail setup thru the BIS?
    04-29-09 01:14 PM
    Hi Tylerr, thanks for the fast and prompt reply. No I dont know what BIS is I am BB illeterate, though I used pearl all the way, I never paid any attention to anything yet as I do it for my Storm, So let me make it clear, When I registered my AOL mail account through BB internet service application I see a clear AOL Icon on my Storm Icon, same is not the case for my GMail account, why is this? Just a few mins ago I installed GMail mobile application 2.2.7 or something, its a different Icon though, but my GMail account ICON remains the same with envelop and globe, classic, so any idea how I can see GMail Icon?
    04-29-09 01:22 PM
    This might be a setting in the Gmail mobile application. take a look in the settings and let me know if you see anything...
    04-29-09 01:25 PM
    Hmmmm not many options here, looks like it has nothing to do with GMail application settings, in fact I am planning to get rid of it, coz my contract doesnt allow me to download anything through external server, it has to be only through BIS, so any more ideas? Also, is there a possibility to give ICONS a new look, meaning making them look different? How about changing theme? does it help?
    04-29-09 01:30 PM
    I have all 5 of my emails setup through the BIS, so all my emails go into my messages folder. I don't have the gmail application or aol anymore. But when I did have the gmail application it showed a icon at the top of my screen, but I can't remember what i looked like...
    I am not sure on giving the Icons a new look. That is probably something that changes when you change the theme. So you can create a new theme or dl a new one.
    sorry if I not much help,
    04-29-09 01:35 PM
    So you do or do not have an AOL email application?
    04-29-09 01:36 PM
    im having the same problem
    04-29-09 01:38 PM
    I do have AOL email application I guess, thats why I have this ICON displayed on desktop right? Else, I dont think after registering with this account on BIS I would see this ICOn on my desktop, I want to have the same for my GMail account, so far no success
    04-29-09 01:38 PM
    Anyone else facing the same problem? come on guys, I know there are several of you out there, raise your voice someone surely will come up with a solution, I deleted my GMail mobile application I expect to see GMail Icon on my desktop for my Gmail account through BIS, ANYONE?????
    04-29-09 02:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD