How does the Google Sync do it's Contact sync with the Storm?

- Does it sync with "My Contacts" or with "All Contacts"

- Does it make Gmail identical to your BB or does it make your BB identical to your Gmail contacts?

I've already synced when I first got the phone two days ago but I'm trying to get a hang on the way it does its stuff so I can remove duplicate entries and consolidate contacts like "Jennifer C" and "Jen" which are the same person (one was just an email address in Gmail, the other was just a phone number in my old phone)
    02-25-09 06:25 AM
    I just installed a few hours ago, looked like the initial sync only tranferred my BB contacts to Google.
    02-25-09 06:39 AM
    I just installed a few hours ago, looked like the initial sync only tranferred my BB contacts to Google.
    Ok, I just made some changes within my Gmail contacts then ran sync. It made the changes (almost) seamlessly with my BB. I still wasn't able to narrow down if it used My Contacts or All Contacts. The only reason I care is because Gmail automatically adds people into your address book that you send emails to. This feature is GREAT when in Gmail, but I don't want a bunch of random email addresses in my BB.
    02-25-09 07:42 AM
    Gmail contacts has a nice feature that I've noticed transfers nicely using sync: combine contacts. go into your gmail contacts, check the contacts that are repetitive, then click "Merge these contacts". I've done it with up to 3 repetitive contacts and it works like a charm. I noticed after doing this that those contacts were merged on my Storm after syncing.
    02-25-09 07:48 AM
    Gmail contacts has a nice feature that I've noticed transfers nicely using sync: combine contacts. go into your gmail contacts, check the contacts that are repetitive, then click "Merge these contacts". I've done it with up to 3 repetitive contacts and it works like a charm. I noticed after doing this that those contacts were merged on my Storm after syncing.
    Woah! I didn't even see that. That's a fantastic feature.
    02-25-09 07:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD