I recently recieved a replacement Storm from Verizon. My Storm is not accepting the password for my Gmail account, but I know that I am entering it correctly. I called Verizon and after an hour long conversation they couldn't figure out my problem, so I hope I will have better luck with y'all.

When I go to:
    -Setup
    -Email Settings

My listed email accounts include my Gmail account, but the text is red and it says "Invalid Account. Please Validate"

So I click on it, type my password, and it says "Your [email protected] password is invalid. Please try again"

If I go to the mobile site or go to gmail on my PC I enter the same password and it works flawlessly. It was working fine on my old Storm. I'm not having any other issues with email or data. I am getting my comcast email that I had no issues setting up. I have tried deleting the gmail account and re-adding it. What could be the issue?

On a related note, when I first click "Setup" and then "Email Settings" it wants me to log in to the BIS. It has never prompted me to do that until I got this phone.

Thank you for your help.
    Last edited by jerrad707; 02-01-10 at 11:44 AM.
    02-01-10 11:39 AM
    come on guys, there has to be some CB members that can help a cracka out. Please?
    02-01-10 01:19 PM
    Its tedious, but you could try: BlackBerry on and connected to network > log into BIS on your PC > delete all email accounts (except the @verizon.blackberry one) > if you have Desktop Manager installed run it and goto back up and restore > advanced > you'll see two white boxes next to each other, one empty the other with a list, scroll down until you see "service book", select it and click the clear button > when its done close Desktop Manager. If you don't have Desktop Manager: On BlackBerry, goto options > advanced options > service book and delete everything you can (there will be at least one you can't) > on PC on BIS goto change device and enter your BlackBerry's info > on BlackBerry goto options > advanced options > host routing table > open menu > click register now > back out > on PC re-enter your email accounts > goto help > send service books.

Like I said, tedious, but that should clear everything out and start fresh

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-10 01:58 PM
    Hello i just bough my blackberry 9530 and i really don't know anything about it... please can i have some informations eg how to configurate internet browing, gmail registeration and other interesting things too.. please help me
    02-02-10 01:58 AM
    jerrad, have you tried wiping the berry and starting setting up the email settings from scratch?
    02-02-10 02:15 AM
    Hello i just bough my blackberry 9530 and i really don't know anything about it... please can i have some informations eg how to configurate internet browing, gmail registeration and other interesting things too.. please help me
    Start here
    http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-lecture-series

It helped me out a lot when I was new.
    02-02-10 08:52 AM
    jerrad, have you tried wiping the berry and starting setting up the email settings from scratch?
    I have not wiped it since I picked it up, but I just got it a few days ago and it was (obviously?) fresh when they gave it to me, right? So I don't know if it would help. I haven't received any gmail since I got the new phone.
    02-02-10 10:11 AM
    I have not wiped it since I picked it up, but I just got it a few days ago and it was (obviously?) fresh when they gave it to me, right? So I don't know if it would help. I haven't received any gmail since I got the new phone.
    My rule of thought with any referb I get is you never know for sure what all is done. Do they reprogram it back to original factory condition? You would think so but since you are having problems setting up gmail I would guess this phone did not.

Try a complete wipe and reprogram and see if that helps.
    02-02-10 10:15 AM
    Maybe your PIN hasn't been updated in BIS? I think I remember reading about this same issue in the past.

I don't have any experience with this, but you may have to log into the BIS site or contact VZW tech support for assistance. Maybe someone here knows?
    02-02-10 10:18 AM
    Try logging into your comcast account and see if there is a confirmation email from gmail in there. If there is open it and confirm the address. If not then login to gmail and try and send a confirmation request to your comcast address then open it.

you might have to delete the gmail account either through the handset or the bis web page.

I had a similar problem setting up a new BB on a new Gmail. I know neither of them are but its not the berry thats the problem. More then likely its something on the BIS end.
    02-02-10 02:09 PM
    Maybe your PIN hasn't been updated in BIS? I think I remember reading about this same issue in the past.

I don't have any experience with this, but you may have to log into the BIS site or contact VZW tech support for assistance. Maybe someone here knows?
    this is what the problem is. basically, you have brought the acount over from one devife with pin and meid# xxxx, and you now have pin and meid# YYYYY, so now it is unsure if it is supposed to be sending the email, basically it is a security/pin mumber thing. there are a few ways to fix this, the easiest is to call verizon at 1800.922.0204 from another line.
    02-02-10 02:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD