So I'm new to BB, so this might be a dumb question. I set up my Gmail using the email setup under settings and it works just fine. Though my only issue is when I send an email from a computer I receive a copy of that email on my BB. Is there a way that I can shut this off? It's annoying receiving a copy of every sent email I send out from a computer. Thanks.
    03-16-09 04:06 PM
    So I'm new to BB, so this might be a dumb question. I set up my Gmail using the email setup under settings and it works just fine. Though my only issue is when I send an email from a computer I receive a copy of that email on my BB. Is there a way that I can shut this off? It's annoying receiving a copy of every sent email I send out from a computer. Thanks.
    Delete the account from your BIS login and redo it following the IMAP instructions in google's settings page.
    03-16-09 04:10 PM
    gtstang462002: Thanks for that info. It'd be helpful to some people.

I actually find receiving the sent email from Gmail onto my BB very convenient. Sometimes, when I'm out of the office, I'd like to look back and refer to what I said in the email. Also, when some people reply to emails, they don't always quote your email.

I guess it's just all personal preference.
    03-16-09 04:14 PM
    Me too. I like the fact that it sends me a copy. I also set up the delivery confirmation and read notification (a habit I have from using Exchange at work). It is helpful to know your email has been delivered and has been read. But you can always delete them from your phone and from the server after you received them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-16-09 04:20 PM
    Read notification? On Gmail? Now... where is that option?
    03-16-09 04:23 PM
    go to your BIS log in and create a filter that says do not send messages to your device if it contains your email address.
    Name the Filter
    Apply filter when: "from" field
    Contains: type in your email address
    Select option that says Do not forward message to device and save.
    03-16-09 05:08 PM
    I kind of like having it send me a copy of the emails I send. It kind of confirms that the email went thru without a hitch most times.
    03-16-09 06:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD