this just started happening today. i have been receiving multiple copies of emails sent to me. my gmail has been working fine up until this started happening.

just as clarification, this is not my blackberry receiving copies of emails that i send to people, this is an issue with my blackberry receiving duplicates of emails sent to me.

i have nothing sent through outlook.

i have also checked my gmail box to confirm that the duplicates are only being delivered to my blackberry

Verizon Wireless
    BIS
    running official .75
    email configured through blackberry email settings (not the gmail app)

thanks in advance
    -dp
    02-04-09 07:59 PM
    me too, I would get the same email twice, then I delete them on the BB and then a few min later I get them again. But only on my BB and not in gmail...
    02-04-09 08:06 PM
    I am getting it, too.

Would seem to be an after-effect of the outages.

Not specific to gmail. I get it from several different servers.
    02-04-09 08:24 PM
    I am getting it, too.

Would seem to be an after-effect of the outages.

Not specific to gmail. I get it from several different servers.
    I too was thinking it may have something to do with the outage from earlier this week.
    02-04-09 08:37 PM
    I too am receiving duplicates of emails from different pop account on my BB - only getting one copy on my Outlook. More troubling though, is that I think there are some emails that I am NOT receiving on my BB.
    02-04-09 09:56 PM
    Just searched for this. Started happening to me yesterday as well. I assumed it was because of the outages. Just wanted to clarify.
    02-05-09 01:14 PM
    I just posted similar thread, happening on my curve as well:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/hmm...l-issue-152844

I will follow this thread though.
    EDIT, i see someone else posted similar isues:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/mul...e-email-152724

seems to be a widespread issue
    Last edited by rsarno; 02-05-09 at 01:21 PM.
    02-05-09 01:19 PM
    Same here. It started for me yesterday on both my Yahoo and Gmail accounts. After I deleted them I would sometimes get them 3 or 4 times in a row. I also think it has something to do with the outage that occurred earlier this week.
    02-05-09 02:28 PM
    same here very annoying... its happening on my gmail and aol accounts. Something must be wrong with RIM.
    02-05-09 03:04 PM
    Im getting the same thing!
    02-05-09 03:35 PM
    Ditto here!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 04:18 PM
    I'm not having any problems with my gmail since the outage, only one copy getting pushed, and no delays. So it's not completely widespread.

02-05-09 04:28 PM
    I have it too. CS said they fixed it for me. We'll see.

They claimed that it was because my email address was associated with 2 PIN numbers because AT&T didn't terminate my old PIN properly.

02-05-09 04:30 PM
    oh wow... good to know that it's not just me going crazy!
    02-05-09 04:52 PM
    Still dripping in (received the same email at 1:30 and 4:30.

Better than Tuesday, but still a PITA.

Spent an hour on with CS and they blamed it on my email provider(s) (LOL).
    02-05-09 04:53 PM
    WTF!!!!! so damn annoying...positive thing is that I am getting them
    02-05-09 04:55 PM
    I have it too. CS said they fixed it for me. We'll see.

They claimed that it was because my email address was associated with 2 PIN numbers because AT&T didn't terminate my old PIN properly.

I'm on my first BB and it has being happening to me all day. Very annoying. My first impression of RIM is not the greatest. I like what BB is capable of, but come on! Is RIM new to the business?
    02-05-09 04:58 PM
    I'm on my first BB and it has being happening to me all day. Very annoying. My first impression of RIM is not the greatest. I like what BB is capable of, but come on! Is RIM new to the business?
    Trust me it is not like this, just a pain in the rear....get on the ball RIM!!!!
    02-05-09 05:07 PM
    It's a widespread RIM problem. They apparently won't open a ticket on it until they have at least 700 complaints on the issue. So everyone start calling.......

It's bugging me like crazy.
    02-05-09 05:34 PM
    Happening to me to, It is literally about to make me have a complete break down. I am IRATE
    02-05-09 05:54 PM
    It's happening to me too. Got the dame email on my gmail account 4 times this afternoon. Also have been receiving facebook notifications two or three times.

Since people are saying this is a RIM problem, is there a way to call them for support or should I just call Verizon and hope they forward it on?
    02-05-09 06:23 PM
    I'm having the same problem .. Also when I forwarded an email it forwarded another email instead has anyone else had this issue

02-05-09 06:33 PM
    I have tier 3 support on the horn now. He's getting RIM to conference in. I'll let you know how it goes.

FWIW, I have it now happening on 3 of my 5 accounts now.
    02-05-09 06:58 PM
    RIM has a tracker open on the problem. So they're working on it. I'm still on the phone with VZW & RIM.
    02-05-09 07:17 PM
    OK, yeah. Me, too. Duplicated and triplicated and sometimes even quadrupled gmails. Of course, instead of checking here, I've been popping the battery and changing settings, etc., all to no avail. Hope it stops soon. VERY annoying.
    02-05-09 07:21 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD