installed the ghost armor full body shield on my storm today. i chose to go for full body coverage since i wanted the protection of a case without the look and feel of one. plus i have the cradle and figured the storm wouldn't fit with a case on it. i know the screen is very scratch resistant, but i'm more concerned about the impact of an edge to the screen potentially chipping or cracking it. hopefully the screen film will add addiitonal impact protection.

installation was a relatively easy process but instead of doing it all in one sitting i did it over the course of the day. only thing i used that didn't come in the install pack was a micro fiber towel. started by washing my hands and dried with the micro fiber, then wiped down the storm with the micro fiber. had a can of compressed air lying around so i gave it a few blasts before i got started, and intermittently as i moved on to a new section. didn't spray any of the solution directly on the storm, but there were a few times when i needed to pull a piece back to realign and in those cases it caught a light misting while rewetting the film. the most difficult part of the install are the pieces that cover the bezel. these have to be pressed and held in place until they stick. all the other pieces were pretty straight forward.

as for the verdict.... the film is still drying so some misting is visible but it's already started to fade and dry up. so far it looks to be good quality with no real noticeable orange peel effect. toucscreen is just as responsive as before. fitment is ok and the film is unnoticeable unless you're looking at it up close up. there are a few places that aren't covered for example, the bezel edges have small cutouts leaving some of the bezel exposed. i suppose the cutouts are to keep the edges from bunching up and bubbling out. also, i notice the edges of the film when holding the storm in your hand. maybe i'll get used to that, but i'm also wondering if those edges might get caught when pulling out of the pocket and eventually pull the skin off. i'll probably baby it for a few days to give the film a chance to cure, but after that we'll have to see how it holds up to regular use. hopefully this helps those considering ghost armor. anyway here's the pics!

Last edited by BzB; 12-06-08 at 11:52 PM.
    12-06-08 10:38 PM
    continued....

Last edited by BzB; 12-06-08 at 11:51 PM.
    12-06-08 10:38 PM
    I have two commnets:

Good job on the photos
    AWESOME job on the install. I wish you would've done mine.

U R gonna be very happy with it after the minor misting clears up. And it will.
    Nicely done...
    12-06-08 10:48 PM
    Ugh, that phone looks ruined to me. It'll never be replaced if something goes wrong with it unless you pay your insurance deductable. I'm sorry, but I think the product blows since it's not edge to edge... just looks imperfect.
    12-06-08 10:55 PM
    For real AWESOME photos!!!

But do you recommend Ghost Armor? Like will it really protect from scratches well?
    12-06-08 10:56 PM
    looks goood
    12-06-08 11:01 PM
    Ugh, that phone looks ruined to me. It'll never be replaced if something goes wrong with it unless you pay your insurance deductable. I'm sorry, but I think the product blows since it's not edge to edge... just looks imperfect.
    First, I'm going to assume you are joking about it looking ruined and not being replaced if something goes wrong with it.

Second, being "not edge to edge" is about as important as the now debunked screen gap...
    12-06-08 11:11 PM
    I think it looks like ****.
    12-06-08 11:14 PM
    I think it looks like ****.
    How come? Which skin do you prefer and why?

Thanks
    12-06-08 11:17 PM
    I also have GA, though I am getting more and more convinced that any of them will do the job. As I mentioned in other posts BSE has them for about 8 bucks. Buy 2 and shipping is 1.00

As far as edge to edge coverage.. you cannot bemd a flat object (the skin) around a curved object(the phone) without puckering, thus the required cutouts at the corners.

As mentioned in ALL the skins, the clouyness is suppose to disappear. Mine was put on bt GA at the kiosk and was near perfect from the beginning - oh well.
    12-06-08 11:23 PM
    Personally,
    I don't prefer any type of skin. I've never needed them and I think they just look bad on the device. These pictures look like there is lint all stuck to the skin...
    12-06-08 11:24 PM
    First, I'm going to assume you are joking about it looking ruined and not being replaced if something goes wrong with it.

Second, being "not edge to edge" is about as important as the now debunked screen gap...
    No, I'm not joking. It looks like crap. Verizon will not accept that phone for replacement with that on it. No way no how. They will force you to replace it under insurance. A screen protector is one thing, all of that on the phone is another. That phone is basically a nightmare to refurbish and if it is, they won't accept it for such a replacement.

Also, would the OP please for the love of God edit the second post so the pics are one after the other rather then side by side. This thread is impossible to post in with the current layout.
    12-06-08 11:31 PM
    Great pictures, nice to see what that product looks like when applied up close
    12-06-08 11:32 PM
    No, I'm not joking. It looks like crap. Verizon will not accept that phone for replacement with that on it. No way no how. They will force you to replace it under insurance. A screen protector is one thing, all of that on the phone is another. That phone is basically a nightmare to refurbish and if it is, they won't accept it for such a replacement.

Also, would the OP please for the love of God edit the second post so the pics are one after the other rather then side by side. This thread is impossible to post in with the current layout.
    Lol, you can take it off....Its not permanent.
    12-06-08 11:34 PM
    Civic, you can just peel it off and they will never know it was there, actually the phone will look brand new underneath when you peel it!

I peeled off my BSE skin and gave it to verizon rep and he gave me a replacement through the warranty, no problem at all. there was no trace of havign the skin on previously.

Plus, it makes it easier to refurbish cause the phone is so much more mint!
    12-06-08 11:35 PM
    lol. some of you may think it looks like **** or that it ruined the phone. i think you're taking the crack in crackberry a little too literal. keep in mind this is less than 3 hrs after installing. i fully expect the misting to clear up and film to get clearer. worst case scenario i rip off the trim pieces and go it in the buff except for the screen. the rest of the phone will look just like it did before i put the film on.

having used screen protectors on my last three blackberries i'd wager my storm will have fewer dings and scratches than one without a similar skin or a case. some of this depends on how well the trim pieces stick, but we'll see how it does. i really don't think the screen film will come off unless deliberately removed.

as for scratch protection, there's no doubt in my mind any part of the device covered by film will not get scratched or dinged. this stuff is very tough.
    12-06-08 11:35 PM
    lol. some of you may think it looks like **** or that it ruined the phone. i think you're taking the crack in crackberry a little too literal. keep in mind this is less than 3 hrs after installing. i fully expect the misting to clear up and film to get clearer. worst case scenario i rip off the trim pieces and go it in the buff except for the screen. the rest of the phone will look just like it did before i put the film on.

having used screen protectors on my last three blackberries i'd wager my storm will have fewer dings and scratches than one without a similar skin or a case. some of this depends on how well the trim pieces stick, but we'll see how it does. i really don't think the screen film will come off unless deliberately removed.

as for scratch protection, there's no doubt in my mind any part of the device covered by film will not get scratched or dinged. this stuff is very tough.
    Your right. I had the IS from Zagg on my iPod and I never got a scratch once. This stuff is legit...
    12-06-08 11:37 PM

I'm stunned you are implying that this skin will void your warranty. Surely, that's not what you mean. BTW, I gotta agree about the photos. Is there anyway to edit OP's post so it takes up less space! lol
    12-06-08 11:38 PM
    Personally,
    I don't prefer any type of skin. I've never needed them and I think they just look bad on the device.
    so you like cases?

These pictures look like there is lint all stuck to the skin...
    when i applied the skin i did it in a fairly lint free environment. when i took the pics i had the storm on my desk which is definitely NOT a lint free environment. lol. hence the lint build up.
    12-06-08 11:43 PM
    lol. you would make it seem like i put some horrendous 26" rimz on classic bentley. i deliberately took the pics as close as possible so the little details could be seen. at arms length you really can't see it at all. and as others said, this skin will come off like the protective covering that came on the phone when new.

next time i'll draft the content and send to you for posting. tia.
    12-06-08 11:50 PM
    next time i'll draft the content and send to you for posting. tia.
    Perhaps you should.

See how much nicer it is to scroll now that it's properly formatted? Thanks for fixing it.
    12-06-08 11:57 PM

Agreed verizon will NOT replace under warranty if you have these skins installed, but like its been posted before you gotta take it off if you want a replacement VIA warranty.

here are my pictures from my install:

I dont have any close up pictures taken, but I guess they revised the cutout after they made mine because my edges dont have the cut out notches.
    12-07-08 12:24 AM
    You know what this reminds me of? It reminds me of old folk who keep the plastic sheeting on their couches and dining chairs. If your gonna shell out the money for a good looking device, why make it look crappy by putting this stuff on it? Suure, your now protected from scratches. But what's the point of having a pristine looking device underneath if no one can see how pristine it looks?

Its like the guys who buy those bulky black shells for their iphones. Looka me, my iphone is perfect underneath it, but hey, you'll never see how perfect and scratchless it is because I've just covered it up with a big bulky black case.
    Last edited by fatal1ty44; 12-07-08 at 12:31 AM.
    12-07-08 12:29 AM
    Looks nice but compared to IS, it seems with GA that each section cut is a little smaller than the section on the phone. I have IS and each piece seems to be the right size and cut pricisely where it fits each section to the seam. But GA definitely has a more glossy look.
    12-07-08 12:31 AM
    I bought the invisible shield product then read that many liked the phantomskinz better because of better coverage and less orange peel texturing. After installing I was very unhappy things fit quite well but I was able to feel the cuts in the corners too well and it just felt cheap. Then when I put on the phantomskinz screen protector the screen didn't respond to touch. The phantom skin is very clear and smooth almost as smooth as an I pod touch. I didn't like this as I like the protector to add grip to not only prevent scratches but drops too. I took all the phantomskinz off and replaced it with the invisible shield the screen works great (typing this through it now). I only installed it on the non rubber pieces. The screen is much more resilient to fingerprints now! And grip is very much improved.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 01:57 AM
114 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD