my gf dropped my phone and now it doesn't turn on at all. it doesn't charge through ac adapter or laptop and it doesn't work through desktop manager. any help at all is much appreciated
    06-07-09 06:33 PM
    I hope you have it insured; not sure what else can help you at this point.
    06-07-09 06:37 PM
    my gf dropped my phone and now it doesn't turn on at all. it doesn't charge through ac adapter or laptop and it doesn't work through desktop manager. any help at all is much appreciated
    Sounds like an insurance candidate to me.
    06-07-09 06:37 PM
    Did you have a case on it?
    06-07-09 06:50 PM
    That is terrible sorry to hear that. If you have insurance go ahead and just file the claim. Tell her you're gonna miss her, the gf that is. Just kidding good luck I hope it turns out well for ya...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 07:08 PM
    time to drop the gf.
    06-07-09 07:25 PM
    When will she be out of the hospital?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-07-09 07:27 PM
    If you don't have insurance now, this should be the reason your never without it again. I vote for forgiving the girl friend.

Grey
    06-07-09 08:21 PM
    I don't see why you should blame her at all. We all make mistakes especially when it comes to dropping things due to mishandling them.

Back on topic, again insurance is the way to go. If you're not insured consider going to VZW store and asking for a replacement. I do not know if the damage is visible at all but if not then go to the store and let them know it doesn't work. Note: Use your head and do not know say you dropped it. That is plain stupidity. --> Referring to the woman in front of me in the VZW line the other day who claimed that she flushed the phone in the toilet and demands a replacement, the water indicator showed nothing according to the clerk. A simple "It stopped working for no reason" would have done the work...

Anyways, I hope this helps.
    06-07-09 08:28 PM
    If she flushed it where did she go to get it back? Haha, toilet humor.
    06-07-09 09:53 PM
    yeah, because you know, warranty fraud isn't illegal and all that... hmm...

as all the others have said - insurance. why risk it? better to spend $50 and get a replacement, than to go to the store, wait for help, and then be told you have to go thru insurance anyway.

Asurion is 888-881-2622 or Welcome To Asurion's Online Resource Center
    06-07-09 09:55 PM
    thanks for the help guys. and no, i didn't get angry at my girlfriend. she just shrugged it off and began watching tv.

if i file an insurance claim (and i do have insurance, thank god) and get the new phone, if i put the sandisk memory card into the new one, will all my contacts and apps transfer over or am i screwed?

fyi - is there a reason why if i charge the phone it will overheat like crazy?
    06-08-09 09:26 AM
    You don't want to drop the gf... What happens if she breaks exactly like the phone does, and just refuses to get turned on after that!?
    06-08-09 10:04 AM
    thanks for the help guys. and no, i didn't get angry at my girlfriend. she just shrugged it off and began watching tv.
    That's messed up
    06-08-09 10:31 AM
    this is the gf who dropped the phone

how is it messed up to watch tv
    i said i was sorry and i tried multiple times to figure out what happened...

besides we have insurance on it.. no problem
    06-08-09 11:36 AM
    this is the gf who dropped the phone

how is it messed up to watch tv
    i said i was sorry and i tried multiple times to figure out what happened...

besides we have insurance on it.. no problem
    crackberry.com lesson #1: apply HUGE HUGE grain of salt to EVERYTHING posted on this site.

99% of the residents are male and fairly masochistic, you shouldn't take comments like that personally. My wife dive bombed the driveway with her storm a whole 6 days after getting it, luckily it's just scratched up; more importantly neither of us are bothered at all by it.

As far as the contacts question if you were still wondering: unfortunately the phone will not back up anything to the microSD card so unless the phone can power up to the point of being accessible via RIM desktop manager, they are gone.
    06-08-09 12:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD