I must say that I am just as happy with the Storm's on-screen keyboard as I was with having a physical keyboard on my Treo. I think this is because I still have to click the screen to type. I have an iPod Touch, and I really don't like typing on it because there isn't a "click". I'm sure it's all "in my head", but having to click the screen to make the letters show up makes all the difference.

I really don't know how I would feel about going to a smaller screen, either. My eyes are far from perfect, and I love the size of the screen now compared to the Treo. So for me, as long as I have to push down in some fashion to type, I am happy.
    I agree, the click makes it seem as though it is a physical keyboard.
    04-29-09 06:44 PM
    The click screen slows me down and I make far too many mistakes.
    Perhaps it's be because I am a touch typist and my PCs have awesome keyboards.
    I got along great with my 8830 and may go back to it.

I am frustrated by the click. I wait for the springback from the click, then mash down again.
    I am definitely slower typing, and the screen isn't particularly forgiving of my big thumbs.
    Typing is fatiguing, because the force needed to click the screen is not constant. Springy in the middle and dead mush at the edges.

I am faster on my iPod Touch, lightly tapping the somewhat larger keyboard and its better balance between prediction and free typing.
    (Why does the Storm obliterate my typing to suggest words which are just plain wrong? I hate that)
    It feels like I can be accurate without being pixel-perfect.

I will miss the larger screen, but I'm hoping the Niagara's keyboard will make my fingers happy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 08:13 PM
    My girlfriend has a Dare, and Ohhhhhhh boy, is that strange. I much prefer the actual clicking screen.
    04-29-09 08:16 PM
    The touch on the Storm is horrible. I love the buttons on the Curve. If there was a way to disable the click and use a stylus or something it may help, but the touch, press to click, wait for rebound, touch, press to click, wait for rebound go back and correct the word because it got changed, retype all gets real old real fast.
    04-29-09 08:53 PM
    It wouldn't be so bad... if the text prediction wasn't so off...

bitter = voytrw?

c'mon now...
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 04-30-09 at 03:43 PM.
    04-30-09 10:28 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD