Is there any way to get rid of the Vodafone branding in the Storm?
    Browser start-up>> Vodafone screen
    booting>> Vodafone screen

how do I get that out?
    09-06-09 04:46 AM
    Im guessing the only way it to download a "theme" to your phone, this changes the look on the "desktop" screen.

Unfortunately I cant tell you how as I havent done one myself but im sure you will get help should you do a search for "themes".

Good luck
    09-06-09 04:59 AM
    yeah, me too..
    i have the vodafone logo
    09-06-09 05:18 AM
    I don't mean themes, I mean the actual branding in the software.

My browser is a vodafone browser, not a RIM browser.
    09-06-09 05:57 AM
    Dunno, I have a BB browser, you can change the home page via the browser options, set it to any home page you want.

I have x2 vodaphone live and a browser icon. VERY rare I use the Vodaphone ones unless I have a quick look to see whats new.
    09-06-09 06:41 AM
    it does appear to be a pretty deeply embedded into the phone itself. I remember when I had the nokia n95 I could simply load a newer OS direct from the nokia website, and loose all the vodafone crap.

However now, nomatter what OS I have (Im currently running .167 so unofficial from voda and had to remove the vendor file), all vodafone branding is still there. So infact I think this is somehow even deeper than the OS. I would welcome a programmer to look into this, but frankly I doubt they will.

It is not something a theme can rectify, and there is no options under applications to remove any vodafone things.
    09-06-09 07:08 AM
    Grangey,

How did you go about uploading the .167? im looking at upgrading my .141 (original I think!) and am totally in the dark on how to do it?

Any chance of a link that explains it fully, eg. how to remove the vendor file you stated?

Many thanks
    09-06-09 08:12 AM
    I don't know if this will help with the branding in the browser?

Open the bowser and select options in the BB menu.

Select browser configuration and change the Vodafone Live! to Internet Browser.

I have also changed my home page to Google.co.uk.

Hope this helps

Daz
    09-06-09 08:45 AM
    I don't know if this will help with the branding in the browser?

Open the bowser and select options in the BB menu.

Select browser configuration and change the Vodafone Live! to Internet Browser.

I have also changed my home page to Google.co.uk.

Hope this helps

Daz
    pretty sure he means the full screen vodafone logo that comes up when you reboot
    Last edited by bassbar; 09-06-09 at 08:50 AM.
    09-06-09 08:48 AM
    Good luck getting it unbranded. It can be done and there are a few out there that have done it, but they aren't giving up the info. Its like some kind of double secret probation society they have going on. The people that have done it won't even so much as point you in the right direction, nevermind actually tell you how to do it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 08:59 AM
    Grangey,

How did you go about uploading the .167? im looking at upgrading my .141 (original I think!) and am totally in the dark on how to do it?

Any chance of a link that explains it fully, eg. how to remove the vendor file you stated?

Many thanks
    No idea why the unstickied it mate, this should be a good starting point though. http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/n0...source-213706/
    09-06-09 09:44 AM
    pretty sure he means the full screen vodafone logo that comes up when you
    reboot
    The OP also asked about the vodafone branding I'm the browser. This defaults to the crappy
    Vodafone Live! Browser.

Daz

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-06-09 09:56 AM
    i can't even select a different browser
    09-06-09 10:12 AM
    There is a software program that is used to debrand your BB. It is VERY difficult to use and can seriously brick your device, and I mean so much so it can no longer be used. There is no real advantage to it either, it is not worth the risk.
    09-06-09 12:16 PM
    There is a software program that is used to debrand your BB. It is VERY difficult to use and can seriously brick your device, and I mean so much so it can no longer be used. There is no real advantage to it either, it is not worth the risk.
    yeaah thats why no one is willing to make with the info.
    for me just not having to see that big red check on my splash screen would be well worth the risk
    but thats just me. im willing to sacrifice everything for one small benefit.
    p.s. if you know the correct program, kindly pm me with some info.... i promise i wont let any of these other clowns in on the secret
    09-06-09 12:35 PM
    Follow the link to install Leakes OS or OS from other carriers.

How to Upgrade Your BlackBerry Operating System - BerryReview

I would prefer BBSAK to be used for this.
    If in any case its not detecting the os installed on your PC, try wipe out device.
    Never forget to backup your device doing such operations.
    09-11-13 02:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD