I've already been an active BB user since April last year, had the pearl, went to Curve and now I'm getting a storm

I Need to know what to expect with it. I'm buying it used, and its only over a month old. just the girl said she made a poor choice in her spending habbits on it, but went over the 30 days to return it.

I've googled some info about it, went to dogphone.com, youtube. i need to know from personal users that have had it since launch (or shorter. doesn't matter). The only things I've read on it were that if you're a speed texter (like I am) that it has a speed control limit, meaning it kinda lags if you go faster then the phone. has that been changed?. Another worry i have is when your typing on it, you have to completely let go of 1 letter to type another, or you will have errors.

How do you like the features on it? I recently learned it had VCast on it, which IMO is kinda weird since it's a BB and the ones before it, didn't because verizon said it was a strictly RIM OS that they weren't going to touch.

So all and all - What are your Pro's and Con's with this phone, and do you think I should give up my Curve for it?
    01-29-09 07:30 PM
    Sometimes the letters lag a bit in showing up on my screen, but they catch up with me. I don't have to wait for it if I want to keep typing. But I upgraded to the leaked OS .90 and I may be imagining things but it seems like less of an issue on this OS than it was on .75. I don't have issues completely letting go unless I'm "fake typing" to test something. For some reason then I am incapable of doing it properly. Otherwise I have no issues and I am absolutely a speed texter.

It doesn't have VCast unless I'm losing my mind. That wouldn't make any sense, like you said.
    01-29-09 07:33 PM
    There's allot of threads on this... hate to say it but read up on it on the forums and see..
    01-29-09 07:34 PM
    I Understand that there are Pleanty of threads on this. But instead of reading 8, 9, 10 pages. I'd rather just make my own. I'm sorry if that's a nuisance.

@ VCast, Yeah I know. But if you go to Dogphone.com and check his Unboxing reviews, you can clearly see at the bottom when he turns it on "VCast", and when I Called verizon just now to switch my phone to clear my Curve, it said on the holding thing - "First blackberry with VCast supported by Rhaposdey". So i'm not sure, maybe its something you have the option of downloading? or just on newer batches?

in any case. I'm stoked to get this, and hopefully will be the last phone change for awhile lol.
    01-29-09 07:38 PM
    Okay well, it's a forum sometimes we all have to read to get info....

my .02 it's a great device, little buggy OS right now but with up and coming OS's soon it will only get better... Have you tried one in the store......
    01-29-09 07:42 PM
    Yes but not long enough to really test out if it can adjust to my speed or not. My verizon is always packed with familys trying to escape out of their contracts for the new phone, and people returning stuff. hardly anybody ever buying.

and needless to say theres always huge packs of 12 year old kids around the blackberrys. So not long enough to really tell what the flaws are, but long enough to determine i want one. lol
    01-29-09 07:44 PM
    It's a bit buggy, but I love mine. As far as the having to let go of one key to press the next on the keyboard, go press two keys on your PC's keyboard at the same time and let me know how that works for you!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 07:52 PM
    LoL. Good point. Although, the point I had was he was more frustrated that you couldn't just type normally like on an iPhone. it was actually like a qwerty where you have to let go of the first click, and click again to type. but imo thats jsut like a keyboard. he might be a little spoiled with the touch on the iPhone.

What about switching OS's. Is this an easy to do thing? I Did it once for my Curve, and i remember it took me like 2 hours to figure out how to do it lol.
    01-29-09 07:58 PM
    I came from an LG Dare and had no BB experience at all and adjusted pretty quickly. You should be fine.
    01-29-09 08:04 PM
    V Cast rhapsody is a music subscription so you can sync music.

I love this phone. It is eerily like using an enV. I had the pearl and curve also.
    Just keep an open mind and prepare to learn!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 08:48 PM
    Thanks Patches =)

You guys are helping a lot.
    01-29-09 08:53 PM
    I think that the Storm is wayyy better than the Pearl. I hear a lot of good things about the Curve. I love my Storm, but if I didn't have one I would use the Curve or 8830. I really loved my 8830.

Do a very thorough inspection of the Storm you are purchasing. Your biggest issue will be with the warranty and if it can be insured or not. Make sure that the price you pay for it now will be worth the headache you could experience down the road.
    01-29-09 09:22 PM
    I Agree. I Had the pearl first. and when the Curve came, i used my upgrade early thing just to get it. but when i saw the storm was a real phone coming, i knew i had to have it. Luckily I waited things out - and found a used one on Craigslist.
    01-30-09 12:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD