So as I've removed certain programs to get some more application memory I think I've found a fix for this. I deleted the application center after I put on .85 and had the issue and I didn't receive this error again .... until now. I put the app center back on and sure enough with the reboot after installing applications the media card inserted/vzw screen of death reappeared. That was the only app that I added on that install so that is a way to completely get rid of it. People try that if you have the problem... I also have heard that somebody can just call you but thats annoying to have to do.
    01-16-09 06:47 PM
    sounds isolated. I personally only got it once, but the app center has nothing to do with starting up. only thing I can think of is if someone has it set to update automatically
    01-16-09 06:54 PM
    Yes, it does sound isolated but thanks for sharing tho posting this is one of the already existing threads might have been more useful.

There are a number of other effective fixes for the media card bug. Deleting apps I dont think is one of them.
    01-16-09 07:24 PM
    I agree with Rooster; are you going to reinstall the app center whenever you need to add something new?!? as of right now the app center has an upgrade for Visual voice mail in it, as well a new MySpace app.
    01-16-09 08:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD