I am currently on my 4th replacement storm. My first one had a screen that made plasticky crunch on upstroke of the click and my next two suffered from unsealed screen and subsequent dust invasion into the display.

My current phone which is mexican made so far seems to have a well sealed screen (no dust after a week). However since the beginning it had a horribly clicking screen. I somewhat fixed it by making an electrical tape shim on the battery door above the SIM card and another small piece under the battery. Now the clicking action is much better, however the click "range" is alot wider on the top and middle of the screen compared to the bottom, right above the physical keys (especially right above the blackberry and return keys). It seems as if the screen is on a slight top/bottom slant, with less room for a downstroke of the click on the bottom of the screen.

Has anybody come out with a fix to straighten out this top/bottom slant of the storm's screen?

I could always replace the phone, because with removed shims it barely clicks at all (obviously defective), however with the shims, it has very nice clicking action (almost effortless and alot quieter than other storms), which makes it easier to type on compared to the ones with "perfect" screens. Additionally I really dont want to risk getting another phone with bigger problems that I am unable to fix (like dust or random crashes). Also this unit seems to be much better put together (smaller gaps around screen and much less wobble). Ideally I would love to just fix this one and keep it, shims and all, but being able to get rid of this slant would be just wonderful.
    01-08-09 01:08 PM
    01-08-09 02:06 PM
    Yeah just get you a T6 Torx and make adjustments until you get what you want. It worked for me.
    01-08-09 02:09 PM
    will sure try.

where do they sell t6 TORX bits? The smallest i have now is t9 which is too big.
    01-08-09 03:35 PM
    No, you'll need to live with it.
    01-08-09 07:14 PM
    try loosening the torx screws 1/4 turn each and placing 2-3 pieces of electrical tape below the battery in between the two gold things, sticky side on the battery door. That will provide the button in the center with some support.
    01-08-09 07:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD