I have an MS Exchange email account setup and it has its own icon and folder on my Storm. It works beautifully. Although duplicate copies of what is sent to this folder also appears in the generic "Messages" folder. Can I somehow keep these emails from appearing in the "Messages" folder?

I'd really like to just leave more important notifications like missed calls and voicemails appear in the "Messages" folder.

Thanks!
    12-21-08 03:20 PM
    ok ill kind of explain how it works in a sense..

basically the messages folder is not "duplicates"

The messages folder is a collaboration of all the messages on the device for the most part minus some third party apps that don't use it.

you can seperate sms/mms out of the messages folder.

You can make missed calls etc not show up in the messages folder..

Email - pretty much every account you have also appears in the message folder. there not really duplicates think of it more like a link to it.

Unfortunately I wish there was a way to control exactly every aspect of that folder but the main reason of the folder was to be what it is

Hope this helps
    12-21-08 03:51 PM
    The best thing to do is just move the messages fodler somewhere else and create an icon for your BIS email and use something like getempower's BES mail to put an icon on your desktop for your exchange mail.

Hope this helps.

jwb
    12-21-08 04:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD