As you are typing a word, and you notice you made a mistake in the middle of it, just touch the screen close to the word (touch, don't click!). The cursor will turn white. Without lifting your finger, slide your finger left or right to the letter you want to fix!

I am new to BB (came from Windows mobile), so it was killing me having to retype words. Hope this helps some others!
    12-11-08 07:45 PM
    Great tip, thanks.
    12-11-08 07:47 PM
    lol I am happy you found this feature we have been posting it on here for a while..

to make it easier for you it doesn't really matter were you touch and hold as long as its in the field of text it will change to the white thing wherever the cursor is so if you touch to the right a bit it allows you to see the cursor better once its changed you can drag it all over just keep in mind you have to use it like a + sign in a way

if you want to go up a line go straight up and same for down and then left and right

if you try to go diag it doesn't work that great..
    12-11-08 07:49 PM
    Yeah, I found this out a couple days ago. It works awesome. I was starting to get a little frustrated with not being able to precisely get to where I wanted. Found this trick and its great. What's great is that you don't have to stay hovered directly over the words either. You can move your finger down and out of the way to see what your doing, just as long as you continue to keep your finger on the screen. Key here is TOUCH not CLICK.
    12-11-08 07:49 PM
    great tip i was getting pissed having to try after try to put the cursor perfectly where i needed to correct, thx again
    12-11-08 07:54 PM
    Thanks- I was looking for that but too lazy to RTFM, I guess. Works great!
    12-11-08 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD