Hi all, new to the forum. Must just say the forum has helped me out loads with pretty much everything I've wanted to do with my new Storm.

Does anyone know how to get all my old emails onto my inbox on my phone? I can send and receive emails fine, but the only ones which appear on my phone are the ones I have sent/received since I linked up my email account to my phone. This would be very helpful since I need to access quite a few of my old emails on my blackberry.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Sam
    01-03-09 07:35 AM
    I'm pretty sure the Blackberry Desktop Manager software has a "replace device" feature that backs everything up from your old blackberry (including messages) and transfers it to your new. I think I used it once to go from a Pearl to a Curve.
    01-03-09 08:41 AM
    Only way is to forward them to yourself.

If you are connected to a BES, your administrator can set how many days it will go back and grab emails.
    01-03-09 08:42 AM
    First question would by why? It will sap up your RAM if you dump thousands of old emails onto your BB. It's not normally the purpose of a BB to hold all your email, just keep you current. Just a thought.....
    01-03-09 08:48 AM
    I'm pretty sure the Blackberry Desktop Manager software has a "replace device" feature that backs everything up from your old blackberry (including messages) and transfers it to your new. I think I used it once to go from a Pearl to a Curve.
    i think you misunderstood...the OP wants emails from his/her email client that existed even before they had a Blackberry to be pushed to their BB after the fact...not gonna happen unless you forward them yourself or you can try marking them as new in your client and seeing if they get pushed to your BB
    01-03-09 08:52 AM
    Marking as new does not work. Only forwarding.
    01-03-09 08:53 AM
    thanks guys, I will forward the ones I need.
    01-03-09 09:37 AM
    I have found a way to do what you want. You need to get
    ABC Amber Outlook Converter from Free download ABC Amber Text Convertor, convert document to PDF, CHM, HTML, RTF, DOC, TXT, WPD, MCW, WPS, SAM, WSD, WRI, RFT The program is not free but has a 30 day trial.

If you look really carefully ate the toolbars there is a BlackBerry icon and this exports emails to an ipd file. Once you have this, you can perform a Restore.

I have not tried this solution but the support email I got says it works.
    01-03-09 12:33 PM
    well...this morning....I forwarded some emails to myself and deleted the originals so I wouldnt have dupps....I then decided to undelete the originals and they showed up on my blackberry!!

So, I guess if you want old emails on your blackberry...you will have to move it to the trash folder...then reconcile

after a few minutes, move the emails from the trash back to the inbox and like magic, you will have those emails pushed to you!!

just did it on my curve this morning through BIS
    01-05-09 12:56 PM
    thanks guys, I will forward the ones I need.
    look at post #9...you have to delete the email.....reconcile...then move the email from trash to inbox and reconcile again
    01-05-09 12:57 PM
    As long as you are on a BES, can't you just run the sync option? I thought that loaded all emails up to a certain point specified on the phone as to how many days it should keep emails? I don't worry about it when I update the OS, so I haven't experimented. This is more of a question/possibility?
    01-05-09 01:00 PM
    yea...you can do that in BES, but not BIS....this is about BIS
    01-05-09 01:20 PM
    yea...you can do that in BES, but not BIS....this is about BIS
    Cool, well at least I have some knowledge about my device!
    01-05-09 01:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD