hey dude and dudettes
    I ordered my unlock codes for my 9500, unlocked the phone. Fortunately I have 2 9500s, can I use the same codes to unlock the other phone? I obviously provided an IMEI for the codes to be generated so they say but it could all be a scam to get pple with more than one device coming back thus them getting more cash. What you all think?
    07-15-09 05:04 PM
    I think not.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-09 05:06 PM
    I just am assuming they want to generate more by doing this, because that's exactly what I would do, I got the codes sent to my inbox in less than a min, which means they must have an email with the codes ready to send out, whenever they receive payment.
    07-15-09 05:09 PM
    I am a Verizon customer. What would be the benefit of unlocking my storm?
    07-15-09 08:00 PM
    Unless you plan on travelling abroad or switching carriers, I don't think there are any advantages. I'm entering my 6th month with my Storm and I haven't unlocked mine yet. I probably will before I go to Mexico for a couple weeks.
    07-15-09 08:17 PM
    its not a scam, each device has its own unlock code.
    07-15-09 10:47 PM
    There are no advantages or disadvantages for unlocking your Storm unless you plan on traveling out of the U.S. or using a GSM carrier.

It really doesn't do a thing to your phone though so you'll be fine either way.
    07-15-09 10:57 PM
    And last, to the OP. If you don't travel, the only small benefit is you want to sell the phone. You may draw a better price since a person could use it with T-mo or AT&T carriers.
    07-15-09 10:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD