So, I've been looking out for games/applications that really show off the Storm...really use the features it has that other Blackberry's/PDA's don't.

I've been playing Nintaii, which uses the accelerometer and it's pretty darn neat!

Ascendo Money and Instango (chat) also work very nicely on the Storm.

In my search, I came across Bplay.com. I don't know much about them (new to the Blackberry world) but, when you select your device as the "Blackberry 9530 Storm", it lists several "Games for the Blackberry 9530 Storm".

One of them is Crash Bandicoot Nitro Cart. From what I can see, it looks like a pretty fun little game. But, what I don't know is if it "kinda works" on the Storm or if it's really optimized for the Storm (would LOVE it if it used the accelerometer to "drive" the cart!!).

However, even though you can download the game without buying it, you can't play it. You have to buy it just to try it.

Now, I'm not poor...I can afford the $6.99 but, I'd really like to know how it works on the Storm before I purchase.

Does anyone know anything about this game, or about bplay.com in general?
    12-02-08 09:34 AM
    I was actually wondering this last night when i was reading threw the post. I was searching for comments on games and things because I seen the same game and thought that would be COOL!! lol!! sorry I'm no help I dont have my storm yet and dont play games on my pearl!
    12-02-08 09:38 AM
    oh yeah I forgot to add as well, I dont think it has anything to do with you being poor for not wanting to buy it. I mean why pay 1.99 if it isnt what you want. so i can understand your point as well lol!!
    12-02-08 09:39 AM
    You might want to wait to get a upgrade before getting the crash game. The lag of the accelerometer on the handheld is enough when running no game. You dont want to be turning and still be going straight ahead! lol.
    12-02-08 10:21 AM
    The accelerometer doesn't lag. The software lags in implimenting the change. The accelerometer puts out perfect, accurate, very fast data. One of my friends wrote a little app that just outputs the accelerometer data, and it was perfect.
    12-02-08 11:43 AM
    Hey mark, where can a I get a copy of that accelerometer tester? I would love to test mine out.
    12-02-08 12:03 PM
    The accelerometer doesn't lag. The software lags in implimenting the change. The accelerometer puts out perfect, accurate, very fast data. One of my friends wrote a little app that just outputs the accelerometer data, and it was perfect.
    Yeah, I'm running Nintaii and the accelerometer reaction is instantaneous. That's why I really hoping/looking for a good action game that uses it.

And I wouldn't mind playing around with that accelerometer app, if you're willing to share.
    12-02-08 01:23 PM

Now, I'm not poor...I can afford the $6.99 but, I'd really like to know how it works on the Storm before I purchase.

Does anyone know anything about this game, or about bplay.com in general?
    no it doesnt lol and the game sucks you owe me $3.47 LOL
    12-02-08 04:01 PM
    no it doesnt lol and the game sucks you owe me $3.47 LOL

Here you go kind sir...thanks for checking on that!

12-02-08 04:34 PM
    wtf?..........
    12-02-08 06:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD