Might be a stupid question, but does anyone know if the storm will have the fun apps like the iPhone? for example, the whip, simon, the instruments, lightsaber, etc...? I am probably orderring mine today, I was just curious if it has any of the fun ones like the iphone. I always take my boss's iphone and kill time playing these ones!

Thanks-
    12-01-08 03:36 PM
    i like these too, pointless but fun to have, blackberry is coming out with an application storefront in March 2009, i dont see anything like these coming out until then
    12-01-08 03:39 PM
    reminder, iphone didn't always have a apps store. the bb storm is only 2 weeks old. give it time and i'm sure you'll see 3rd party apps and even official apps that you'll like.
    12-01-08 03:43 PM
    exactly, i can't wait for some using the accelerometer
    12-01-08 03:48 PM
    I did see a video of this game that used the accelerometer.. it was pretty ******* awesome. It seemed to work pretty quickly too... unlike the rest of the phones accelerometer use.
    12-01-08 03:52 PM
    cool, thanks for the feedback. I haven't ever really paid attention to the iPhone until I heard about the storm. I'd really hate to leave Verizon so regardless of the apps, I'll probably get the storm.

The one I was toying with in the store was super slow though. From what I've read, it looks like there will be a software update to fix this? I'm a bit dumb when it comes to phone software and updates, etc...I've never even updated or added any apps to my BB world edition.
    12-01-08 03:57 PM
    The game is called Nintaii and it retails for $10 in the Crackberry store. It is really quite fun and challenging. They did a good job of supporting both the touch screen and the accelerometer. Give it a try!
    12-01-08 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD