Hi Guys,

I am new to the Blackberry world and more used to Smartphones, Pocket PC's and iPhones.
    I have been reading a lot of the posts here and I am quite impressed with the knowledge of the members and staff. However, I do think that this is quite a new site and one that is growing daily as more and more people join.

I have a BB Storm and I have unlocked it via Uniquephones but I am still a little confused because I dont seem to have full use of my phone yet.

Here are a few questions that I hope can be answered:-

I want to connect to the BIS but do I need to register this service with my carrier which is Orange in the UK? Or when I have internet enabled on my tariff can I get my hotmail emails via their site?

I do not see the 'Maps' icon on my screen anywhere, does this icon only show when it is enabled by my carrier? Or do I have to install GPS software like TomTom to activate the GPS feature? ( This was the case with my HTC Diamond Pocket PC )

Does the BIS work as a seperate email and internet service or in conjunction with the Orange internet service?

Hope I have explained my questions well enough for you to understand.

Dez
    04-11-09 05:53 PM
    Not too familiar with Orange, but the email push is done via the data plan. Under setup -->email setup and it should take care of the email issue.

There are many free GPS programs that integrate nicely with the Storm. Amaze GPS, NAV4ALL to name a few and both are used worldwide.
    04-11-09 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD