I am looking to throw some mp3's onto my storm and I was going to use them as ringtones. I know with older phones I would have to crop the song to about fifteen seconds or so because the phone call would go to VM before the file would load and play. Is this still the case? Or can I just use the entire song as the ringtone?
    12-08-08 12:59 PM
    u can use the entire song, i did it before (i used the roxio for blackberry program it comes with the dm) and dragged the mp3 into the "ringtones" folder and checked the "convert to blackberry" option) n it tested it out and works
    12-08-08 01:08 PM
    you can use your music file as ringtones aswell...just go to browse and click into the music folder..no need to roxio or any other program
    12-08-08 01:11 PM
    yup. just hit the bb button in you music list and set as ring tone.. so nice.. anyway to set your alarm up the same way??
    12-08-08 01:13 PM
    yup. just hit the bb button in you music list and set as ring tone.. so nice.. anyway to set your alarm up the same way??
    yes, in the clock app, go to options, then alarm tune..then browse
    12-08-08 01:18 PM
    You are all amazing individuals... I don't care what your parents say.
    12-08-08 01:22 PM
    Using the whole song will NOT stop the call from going to voice mail if you wait too long to answer, that happens at a set time (which may or may not be adjust, I don't know that answer).
    12-08-08 01:34 PM
    Oh I know that... if I don't answer it in the whatever amount of time it still goes to VM. With my older phone (HTC Apache) the player had to load... then the song had to load... then it would start playing. By the time the song got loaded that "amount of time" was up!
    12-08-08 02:25 PM
    Oh I know that... if I don't answer it in the whatever amount of time it still goes to VM. With my older phone (HTC Apache) the player had to load... then the song had to load... then it would start playing. By the time the song got loaded that "amount of time" was up!
    You won't have that problem on this phone. Most of my contacts have full songs for RT's and they come on nearly instantaneously
    12-08-08 02:27 PM
    You are all amazing individuals... I don't care what your parents say.

10char
    12-09-08 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD