I have a Blackberry Storm from vodaphone and for some reason or another it has decided to nuke itself without any upgrade failure or damage of any sort.

I am currently stuck on the step of

Step #2: We need to connect the BlackBerry to the Computer via USB cable. But here's where the tricky part comes in with the Nuked BlackBerry. Do you see in the image above where it says COM1? What we want to do is plug in the BlackBerry, and when COM1 switches to say USB-PIN:UNKNOWN we immediately click Next. This catches the BlackBerry and takes it out of the constant reboot cycle and allows you to then reload the Operating System.

Well I don't even have a chance to miss the USB-PIN: UNKNOWN because it never shows up for me and my Blackberry goes back to merrily not working for me at all. I have the official vodaphone 4.7 software and am using 4.6 DM

Thanks
    04-09-09 10:37 AM
    try taking the batt out, plugging in the phone to the lap top, and then put the batt back in
    04-09-09 10:40 AM
    Um, I have tried that but it just goes to a screen with a battery charging symbol.
    04-09-09 10:47 AM
    Reload the os using the app loader...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-09-09 10:51 AM
    batt pull, batt back in, then plug in immediately
    04-09-09 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD