I was planning my day out for Friday and got to thinking...

How much can I count on an appointment at a corporate branch. I have a 9:00am appointment with a rep who said I will be taken care of with no problem. The branch opens at 8am.

My question is how much can I really count on this, or is it like I have been reading alot on here about how reps are saying anything in order to get people in the store.

Should I be showing up early or should I be ok strolling in at 8:45?

Thanks alot.
    11-18-08 11:50 AM
    i would def. show up early. if the rep gets free at say 840, think he is going to wait for you? and that is if they even stick to the "appointments"
    11-18-08 12:13 PM
    if your a new line then yeah the appointment is good if not its still good just less of a chance
    11-18-08 12:15 PM
    I don't have a corporate store near me and the store in my town doesn't really know about all of this. They are offering me the upgrade through the customer service line, but not in the store. Sooo.. I wonder if making an appointment would benefit me in any way.
    11-18-08 12:17 PM
    it's hard to say but I have heard over and over, and not just on crackberry but from 6 stores in my area that there is no list and the names and number they are thaking is just to inform you when the storm will be at the store. Which we all know is Friday. I asked why some people where saying they were setting up appointments was for slower stores to get people to come to that store and buy the phone
    11-18-08 12:25 PM
    Ahhh.. understood.. I just got off the phone with a sales rep and they are actually supposed to call me back on Friday. Not sure if I totally believe that, but I am going to give them the benefit of the doubt I suppose.
    11-18-08 12:39 PM
    I set up an appointment for Friday 8:45. The Rep told me I don't have to wait in line and I will be taken care of at 8:45 at the latest. If I want to go and wait in line and get in early I can, but there should be no need for it. She also said that it doesn't guarantee me a Storm, first come, first serve, but there are only 15 appointments b4 me so my chances are good. How many can they possibly sell in 45 minutes? The store opens at 8. I had the impression that the line will serve the purpose of waiting for the appointments to be taken care of b4 walk ins can get in. Anyways, I'll be there at 7 and check out the lines if there are any...
    11-18-08 01:31 PM
    I set up an appointment for Friday 8:45. The Rep told me I don't have to wait in line and I will be taken care of at 8:45 at the latest. If I want to go and wait in line and get in early I can, but there should be no need for it. She also said that it doesn't guarantee me a Storm, first come, first serve, but there are only 15 appointments b4 me so my chances are good. How many can they possibly sell in 45 minutes? The store opens at 8. I had the impression that the line will serve the purpose of waiting for the appointments to be taken care of b4 walk ins can get in. Anyways, I'll be there at 7 and check out the lines if there are any...
    So your info is that their are going to be essentially two lines? I will have to call them and move my appt up as early as possible if that is the case.
    11-18-08 01:51 PM
    I have a question that I'm sure has been addressed but don''t remember the answer and forum is growing by the second so I can't remember where I saw it.

My NE2 was up in January. I'm upgrading on Friday to get the Storm. What is in it for the Verizon reps. Do they get a commission for you to extend your contract or is it only for new customers? Thanks in advance for the help
    11-18-08 02:01 PM
    I also have an appt at 9 am. The manger called me on the day the date was released and I set an appt up at 10 am because that is when he told me they were opening up. I called back yesterday to check and see if they were opening up early. He did say they were now opening at 8 am. I then asked how they were handling the people waiting in line. He told me that was the purpose of making appointments to avoid lines. I think I am going to call again tomorrow and ask about the first come first serve I've been reading about.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-18-08 02:09 PM
    So your info is that their are going to be essentially two lines? I will have to call them and move my appt up as early as possible if that is the case.
    something like that... or one line and they call you out... not sure, but she definately told me that regardless of line or not, I'm in at 8:45 for my appointment. She also told me if I get there early and I'm next in line I would get in b4 my time.
    Just noticed your location... What store are you going to?
    Last edited by camoko; 11-18-08 at 07:47 PM.
    11-18-08 07:43 PM
    I have a question that I'm sure has been addressed but don''t remember the answer and forum is growing by the second so I can't remember where I saw it.

My NE2 was up in January. I'm upgrading on Friday to get the Storm. What is in it for the Verizon reps. Do they get a commission for you to extend your contract or is it only for new customers? Thanks in advance for the help
    we do but its garbage, thats why most reps want the new activations more than upgrades
    11-18-08 10:24 PM
    In all honesty, I wouldn't trust the appointments. I would go as soon as it opens. That way if something happens and they sell out early, then you're not kicking yourself in the rump for not going earlier. plus dont you want to play with it as soon as possible?
    11-18-08 10:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD