So I'm on .151 now and any memory "leak" has been pretty much completely eradicated, which is awesome. There's still one tiny memory issue that bugs me: over the span of a week or two, I'll lose .5MB or so off of my memory total after a pull/reset. For instance, Tuesday after a pull I started at 39.8MB. By Friday, I would boot at 39.5. Today, I booted at 39.1.

What could cause this? Is it normal? I'm pretty familiar with my Storm, and I do a memory cleaning a few times per week, clear my browser cache every day, use MeterBerry for garbage collection, etc. It's not a huge problem, just a curiosity really. Thanks in advance!
    07-12-09 04:52 PM
    memory is pretty cool
    07-12-09 04:53 PM
    Try leaving the battery out for 1 full minute.
    07-12-09 05:06 PM
    when did you load 151. Your app memory on start will be different from 148 to 151 so your results from Tuesday are irrelevant.
    07-12-09 05:08 PM
    when did you load 151. Your app memory on start will be different from 148 to 151 so your results from Tuesday are irrelevant.
    It was Friday I think, maybe Thursday? But the example I gave was just an example, not something that just literally happened. I encounter the same thing even when running the same OS for long periods of time. Every other day or so, I just lose a tiny bit.

FWIW, I don't actually pull the battery, I just have a scheduled reset with Meterberry.
    07-12-09 05:14 PM
    It was Friday I think, maybe Thursday? But the example I gave was just an example, not something that just literally happened. I encounter the same thing even when running the same OS for long periods of time. Every other day or so, I just lose a tiny bit.

FWIW, I don't actually pull the battery, I just have a scheduled reset with Meterberry.
    It not the same thing. Try the battery pull and leave it out for 1 minute. It lets the phones capacitors dump their charge. It's a more complete reset.
    07-12-09 05:30 PM
    I had a similar problem. I am running .148 and all of a sudden after every reset my memory dwindled. I found the culprit. It was Slacker. I deleted it and then did a battery pull and all my memory returned. I tried to re-download it and once again the same problem. I just don't get it. It was always fine with .148 and now all of a sudden, a problem?

Rochelle
    07-13-09 08:41 AM
    if you dont delete your messages it will slow go down
    07-13-09 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD