12-04-08 12:50 PM
    that damn lack of wifi rears its ugly head again

I guess if you're used to not having service, you feel nekkid without it...
    12-04-08 12:59 PM
    Eww.... Fox news.
    12-04-08 01:01 PM
    The reviewer certainly didn't pull any punches. I felt it was an honest, unbiased review. Still, as most of us on this forum will recognize, the reviewer was not familiar with some of the basic Storm controls, and it showed in the article. For example, he didn't know that you could put the Storm into cursor mode in the web browser to make it easier to select things.

Then again, the fact that the review didn't know some of this stuff might be more to the point. My wife and I got our Storms as the same time. She seems to be getting more comfortable with it, but it has taken her quite some time to get up to speed to where she can use it with some ease. She still has some frustrating moments, though, when things don't behave the way they probably should. The point being that this phone (like many BlackBerries) does seem to have a steeper learning curve than some other phones with similar capabilities. Obviously, that is the price one pays when packing so much functionality into a phone, but the fact remains that it can be a turnoff for some.

-SR-
    12-04-08 01:10 PM
    I thought the review sucked, honestly.

He complains about not being able to see the keys he's pressing on the landscape qwerty keyboard, and then says RIM should of had a full qwerty keyboard with SMALLER keys in portrait mode... :-/ He criticizes 3rd party app support when the phone's only been out for 2 weeks?

One of the best points he could find was the brickbreaker game???

Meh...
    12-04-08 01:13 PM
    "AT&T reportedly kept the Bold off the U.S. market for a few extra weeks so that the bugs could be worked out. Verizon Wireless should have done the same."

Wasn't the Bold software ***** right when it was released, just like the Storms is now?
    Last edited by Garz; 12-04-08 at 01:23 PM. Reason: foul language
    12-04-08 01:15 PM
    My buddy has a Bold and he said the battery life was horrendous before he updated the OS.
    12-04-08 01:16 PM
    "AT&T reportedly kept the Bold off the U.S. market for a few extra weeks so that the bugs could be worked out. Verizon Wireless should have done the same."

Wasn't the Bold software ***** right when it was released, just like the Storms is now?

As was the iphone....a fact that nobody seems to remember.
    Last edited by Garz; 12-04-08 at 01:23 PM. Reason: edit language in thw quote
    12-04-08 01:22 PM
    From that article:

I can earnestly recommend the Bold. But prospective customers should wait on the Storm, at least until some software bugs are worked out. (RIM says a patch is on the way.)
    12-04-08 01:26 PM
    The review is fair and unbiased....
    What do you want him to say? The storm works GREAT, when it does not?
    Like he said, the Storm will get better with some software updates.
    12-04-08 01:32 PM

The Bolds shipping OS was stable but there are always improvements. Same with the new Storm OS .75. There will be more versions and improvements off of that as well. I have played with the Storm quite a bit as my co-worker has one. Verizon should not have shipped the device with that version.
    12-04-08 01:35 PM
    The point being that this phone (like many BlackBerries) does seem to have a steeper learning curve than some other phones with similar capabilities. Obviously, that is the price one pays when packing so much functionality into a phone, but the fact remains that it can be a turnoff for some.

-SR-
    That's because Blackberry users are SMARTER than most cell phone users =)

Since it's Fox news I'm surprised that they didn't call it communist or a terrorist or something.
    12-04-08 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD