I just came back from my local Verizon store and meet a friendly agent who told me the phone is coming out November 9th ( A Sunday) in stores and he is not sure about pre-orders or orders done online..I don't know if I should take that with a grain of salt or believe the news..He told me they didn't release any dummies with a smile...Verizon just release the damn phone
    10-11-08 01:32 PM
    Grain of salt..... USUALLY the store reps really dont know more than anyone on this site. I can say that friend of mine has been using the Storm for about 2 months now (tetsing) and said that everything is complete and should be shipping in Nov so maybe rep wil be right ? time will tell
    10-11-08 01:39 PM
    Don't believe it until you see it. I've seen dozens of post exactly like this, most of them completely inaccurate. I would never take a date given to me by a sales rep to be true.
    10-11-08 01:40 PM
    if the rumored nov 2nd online release is true, nov 9th in stores sounds reasonable because stores usually get it later.
    10-11-08 01:41 PM
    i was told the 15th, by a in-store rep also, so dont believe anything until verizon announces
    10-11-08 01:42 PM
    if the rumored nov 2nd online release is true, nov 9th in stores sounds reasonable because stores usually get it later.
    can you quickly explain the online ordering process? ive only bought in store. does online mean order nov 2 (if that turns out to be date) and ship immediately or order that day and recieve by the 9th (obviously same assumption)
    10-11-08 01:44 PM
    Grain of salt..... USUALLY the store reps really dont know more than anyone on this site. I can say that friend of mine has been using the Storm for about 2 months now (tetsing) and said that everything is complete and should be shipping in Nov so maybe rep wil be right ? time will tell
    the rep seemed pretty confident on the sales date even told me to come in early before it opens if I wanna get it...How does your friend like the phone??
    10-11-08 01:52 PM
    can you quickly explain the online ordering process? ive only bought in store. does online mean order nov 2 (if that turns out to be date) and ship immediately or order that day and recieve by the 9th (obviously same assumption)
    for phones i've ordered online, they've come within 2-4 days by FedEx. it might depend where you live and which warehouse VZW chooses to ship out from.

also, sometimes you may get lucky and you can actually get a phone representative to order it for you a couple days before it is available online. i seem to find that phone representative have a lot more power than what you can do on the web. they also seem to have better deals available to them that are not found online.
    (ex: 2 years ago when i upgraded phones for my family plan over the phone, the rep was able to give me 4 free VX8300s with a 2 year contract. online the best deal i could get were 4 free VX5300s w/ 2 year contract)
    10-11-08 02:03 PM
    for phones i've ordered online, they've come within 2-4 days by FedEx. it might depend where you live and which warehouse VZW chooses to ship out from.

also, sometimes you may get lucky and you can actually get a phone representative to order it for you a couple days before it is available online. i seem to find that phone representative have a lot more power than what you can do on the web. they also seem to have better deals available to them that are not found online.
    (ex: 2 years ago when i upgraded phones for my family plan over the phone, the rep was able to give me 4 free VX8300s with a 2 year contract. online the best deal i could get were 4 free VX5300s w/ 2 year contract)
    Good Info. Thanks, I appreciate the response.
    10-11-08 02:09 PM
    Verizon doesn't release phones on Sunday's.......................
    10-11-08 02:30 PM
    We have not heard a release date yet!!!! We are still waiting for the launch package which comes out 3 weeks before the launch and from what I am told we are most likely looking towards the middle of november.
    10-11-08 02:45 PM
    The most reliable source I've seen (a training schedule) lists release as nov 2. it doesn't specify whether that's online or in stores. maybe someone should call a random store and ask what time they open on the second, since they'll be opening an hour early for the week when it comes out
    10-11-08 02:55 PM
    We will see when that day comes.
    10-11-08 03:19 PM
    If you guys read this post

Rumors Roundup: Microsoft to Buy RIM (again?), New Super BlackBerry, Verizon Storm Launch Date & Bold Delays | CrackBerry.com

you'll see that I'm calling for November 9th... but that's a Sunday.. so I think it'll be the 10th when you can walk into a store and buy it. Also hearing Verizon stores will all be open an hour early that week to accomodate people wanting to get in on the Storm action.
    10-11-08 03:26 PM
    i just called and researched the countless post here i was told as soon as Thanksgiving and no later then Christmas...

with all multipul post from release dates , should a place age here, grapics, web. and so one i should be able to pad my post count quite nicely just have to copy my same answers every where....;-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-08 06:17 PM
    If you guys read this post

Rumors Roundup: Microsoft to Buy RIM (again?), New Super BlackBerry, Verizon Storm Launch Date & Bold Delays | CrackBerry.com

you'll see that I'm calling for November 9th... but that's a Sunday.. so I think it'll be the 10th when you can walk into a store and buy it. Also hearing Verizon stores will all be open an hour early that week to accomodate people wanting to get in on the Storm action.
    VZW stores are open sunday .. there have been phones released on sunday .. and why not sunday nobody miss work

10-11-08 06:23 PM
    i just called and researched the countless post here i was told as soon as Thanksgiving and no later then Christmas...

with all multipul post from release dates , should a place age here, grapics, web. and so one i should be able to pad my post count quite nicely just have to copy my same answers every where....;-)

Your last sentence is very confusing...
    10-11-08 06:24 PM
    Don't believe it until you see it. I've seen dozens of post exactly like this, most of them completely inaccurate. I would never take a date given to me by a sales rep to be true.
    No doubt about that. Most of the "I heard from a sales rep that" threads turn out to be balderdash more often than not. Hence, I would stay away from the whole "sales rep told me when the Storm was coming out" type of post. Just me of course.
    10-11-08 06:29 PM
    I have a friend at my local verizon store that is their top selling sales-rep (you may say top selling sales-rep! what does that have to do with anything?). Sometimes it has alot to do with it. Besides being able to talk a good game you have to be knowledgeable. He is a tech junkie just all of us on here and keeps up with all the current modifications that can be done to blackberries as well with mods done to winmobile pda's. So I usually take his word as a sure bet. It's one thing when you are a sales-rep and a sale-rep in the know. He confirmed for me the nov. 2 storm training and went onto say that they should have the storm within the next week, following the nov. 2nd as long as there weren't any issues from the higher ups. Without him i would be out of some serious cash on pda's with all the replacements i've had to have.
    10-11-08 08:16 PM
    i may have to go cold turkey on this whole crackberry addiction date speculation crap......... I CANT TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!!!
    MAKE AN ANNOUNCEMENT ALREADY!!! starting to think vzw doesnt care about us.
    10-11-08 08:53 PM
    as a former vzw sales rep for 2 years and having left within the last 2 months i keep in close contact with a lot of friends from vzw still. I too can confirm the 9th as a release date. i have seen the documentation to back this up.
    10-11-08 09:31 PM
    Um.... I'm sorry... what?
    10-11-08 10:35 PM
    Um.... I'm sorry... what?
    lol I'm trying to figure out the same thing.....
    10-11-08 10:43 PM
    original poster and kevin are both correct with information contained in their posts....
    10-12-08 08:03 AM
    I say Black Friday - :P
    10-12-08 08:12 AM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD