I like the feature of auto screen brightness based on how dark or bright it's in the room/outside. However, when I'm out in the daylight and my phone rings, when I pull it out of my pocket, the screen is very very dim for 3-4 seconds, so I can't see who's calling, until it auto adjusts to high brightness. Any way to force screen to full brightness when the phone is ringing?
    05-23-09 08:49 PM
    It looks like it IS possible. I was looking through the API and found this:

net.rim.device.api.system.Backlight

setBrightness

public static void setBrightness(int brightness)

Sets the brightness of the backlight.

Parameters:
    brightness - Percentage of maximum capable brightness (i.e. a number between 0 and 100).
    Since:
    JDE 4.0.0

Category:
    Signed: This element is only accessible by signed applications. If you intend to use this element, please visit BlackBerry - Java Code Signing Keys to obtain a set of code signing keys. Code signing is only required for applications running on BlackBerry smartphones; development on BlackBerry Smartphone Simulators can occur without code signing.
    So if an enterprising dev were to look into the:

net.rim.blackberry.api.phone.callAnswered

hook, and then used setBrightness shown above, that should solve your problem!
    05-23-09 09:52 PM
    Nice. To bad I can't do anything remotely close to this. This has to bother a whole bunch of people though, doesn't it? I used this thing for one day, and was outside, was so annoying to wait to be able to see the caller id.
    05-23-09 10:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD